Assassination Attempt

((This is another one of my favorite chapters. ^^))

"And this is the latest pattern we've invented." Trianna introduced a veil to Nasuada as Error stood behind her,  a little tired, but grinning all the same. He really enjoyed the work, it was so quiet and peaceful. He didn't like dealing with people- but it was a cheap price to just sit down and throw up random designs or marvel at their creations- art he didn't need to destroy.
That alone thrilled Error, the ability to appreciate art and let it lie for more to enjoy.
And humans liked his creations.
They wanted more.

And he didn't mind indulging that.
As much as he was convinced in the fact that he was not that good in what he did- there were AU's literally created to be the best in those- but he was willing to admit that he was definitely amazing to the humans in Alagaësia.
He was the only weaver in Alagaësia of such caliber.

"You've done well." Nasuada spoke. Error blinked, studying her. The woman was smiling. "Far better than I had hoped. Tell your spellcasters how pleased I am with their work. It means much to the Varden."
Trianna nodded. "I will convey your message to them, Lady Nasuada."
"Have they yet-"

Something happened outside the doors, guards swearing as metal clanged, guards crying out. Error didn't think, he recognized the starchild outside in only a moment and knew.
He threw himself at Nasuada, giving her time to only blink until he'd covered her in strings, holding her to him as the child burst inside, Trianna prepared to fight already when Error saw the blind compulsion in the girl's violet eyes, grunting as something buried itself in one of his ribs.

The guards snatched the girl and held her in place, at least giving her permission to gag. Error released Nasuada, ignoring his pained breaths as he stepped aside.
"What is the meaning of this?" The leader of the Varden demanded.
Elva gagged again, retching over the rug before speaking. "Have the God of Destruction remove his coat, O Daughter of Ajihad, and see if I have not fulfilled my promise to you."

They glanced at him in time to see blood drip off him. He coughed. "I've endured worse; the important thing is the leader of the Varden is safe; that is, you."
Red teleported into the room, Lust bursting from the servant's entrance with Chaos in tow.
"The hell happened?" "I heard a commotion." "Daddy you're hurt!"
"Error?" Trianna asked. "What is the child speaking of?"

He sighed, coughing slightly as he felt something wet come up and color his already yellow teeth.. red, probably. The others gasped. Error rolled his eyelights and swept the corner of his jacket aside, taking it off his left shoulder as he unveiled the weapon embedded in his rib, pinning his shirt to the bone. Lust's hands shot up to his face as Red choked, humans wincing while Chaos shivered.

His gaze flicked to Elva as she stumbled. He faced her. "I will heal this, but first- who?"
"The assassin.." She shivered. "Is about to suffer great pain. He stays in the hotel on Fane Street, in the last room, on the top floor. You had better hurry, or he'll get away… away." She groaned, holding her stomach. "Hurry, before Eragon's spell forces me to stop you from hurting him. You'll be sorry, then!" She then spewed her bile all over the floor. "You can't breathe." She wheezed to Error.

He glanced at Nasuada, Red and Trianna already moving as the woman spoke. "Tell Jörmundur what's happened, then take your strongest magicians and hunt down this man. No skeleton is to engage in him alone. Do you hear me, Red?"
"Damnit, I can handle one fuckin' mage!" Error grabbed his arm as Nasuada continued with her orders. "You can't risk it." He shook Red slightly, blood seeping out of his mouth as he glared sternly. "Don't." He let go then, seeing Red's honest fear and concern before it was gone again in an irritated mask. "Fine." He grumbled, jerking his hands to his pockets with a scowl.