In The Book of Histories, the Dumbassary of a Deity

((Happy Thanksgiving, have an early update!))

A sense of urgency drove him forward, instilled by the deity in his thoughts and waking him at some point in early morning. Blue sat on the cot, staring at the ripples of energy in the world more than he saw the rippling fabric of the tent.

He idly skimmed over the minds of those nearby, his tent still close to Eragon's as the Nighthawks now were positioned outside the human's tent. He saw the flickering light of the lantern in the Rider's tent, recognized the notes and colors and patterns of Eragon's energy and aura as well as another's, also fiercely burning. He saw it all, and saw that his friend was stressed.

Unity urged him rise and help the boy, to be helpful, bring others together as was his wont. Blue's own sense of duty and friendship had their goals aligning.

Slinking off the mattress on all fours, he stretched, sockets widening briefly as he once again noticed the effects of the dragonchild in his Soul. He shook himself, standing and returning to a more familiar shape. He never could be rid of that tail.

Blue brushed himself off, exiting and checking on GB, the skeleblaster curled up against the much larger form of Draco, who'd draped his wing over his partner in his sleep. Blue smiled at that and headed for Eragon's tent, the guards standing straight at the sight of him.
"May I go in?"

A tense moment passed as one of the men alerted Eragon to his presence and he was granted entrance, walking in to see Solembum on the bed and Eragon standing up from a stool.
"I didn't realize you would be awake still." The human noted.

With a hint of amusement, Blue shrugged. "Neither did I you. But circumstances woke me, just as much as circumstances told me you were in duress. Now what kind of friend would I be if I left you alone when you needed help?" He leaned on the cot, tail swishing silently.

Eragon sighed tremendously, collapsing back into the stool. "Try as I might, I can't see any way to defeat Galbatorix. We do not have the power to combat him. We have no way of separating him from his hearts, and all of those who are capable of fighting him already must deal with their own equals. I feel we need help, Blue, and Solembum here has once mentioned a Rock of Kuthian, but apparently he knows nothing of what he meant."
Glancing at the werecat, Blue posed the obvious question.
"Have you thought to ask him why?"
The human paused, mouth open. "No."

Facing Solembum, Blue asked. "Why did you speak of a Rock of Kuthian when you have no knowledge of it?"
Flicking an ear, the cat answered.
Shortly after the fall of the Riders, a certain conviction came upon the members of our race that, should we encounter a new Rider, one who was not beholden to Galbatorix, we should tell him or her what I did you, Eragon: of the Menoa tree and of the Rock of Kuthian.

"But... where did this information come from?" Eragon queried.
The werecat's lips pulled back as he bared his teeth. That we cannot say, only that whoever or whatever was responsible for it meant well.

"How can you know that?" He cried. "What if it was Galbatorix? He could be trying to trick you. He could be trying to trick Saphira and me, so as to capture us."
No. Large claws clamped into the mattress.
Werecats are not so easily fooled as others. Galbatorix is not the one behind this. Of that, I am sure. Whoever wanted you to have this information is the same person or creature who arranged for you to find the brightsteel for your sword. Would Galbatorix have done that?

Blue sat down on the cot as Eragon frowned.
"Haven't you tried to find out who is behind this?"
We have.
"And?"
We failed.

His skin jumped as his fur stood up slightly.
There are two possibilities. One, that our memories were altered against our will and we are the pawns of some nefarious entity. Or two, that we agreed to the alteration, for whatever reason. Perhaps we even excised the memories ourselves. I find it difficult and distasteful to believe that anyone could have succeeded in meddling with our minds. A few of us, I could understand. But our entire race? No, it cannot be.