A World Scaled Up

((10178 Words. This chapter CHOMK.))

He would have preferred to be anywhere else but here. The field was quiet, grasses high enough to reach his ribs, putting his short size at a serious disadvantage. He didn't like it. He didn't like fighting. The sense of danger, danger, you're going to die get OUT screamed at him, but he squashed it down with the understanding that he was protected.
Right? He was safe? Wasn't he?
The doubts and anxieties kept growing.

"A fish, a lizard, a human and 6 skeletons walk in a bar." He called out, concealing his growing panic. "One disappears and the rest pick a fight. Where's the punchline in that?"
"Not everything has to be a punchline, Sans." Undyne called out.
"You know that's also my name too, right?" Outer reminded her.

"I know you call him Classic, it just feels weird saying it!" She said defensively, holding a glowing spear of cyan.
"It takes getting used to." Outer conceded, Epic mourning the fact that he had to remove the sleepy puppy from his pocket to keep the pup safe, taking them through a portal.
"Goodbye little pupper.."

"Are we ready?" Undyne called, mostly to Epic.
"Yep!" He called back.
"No!" Classic also called.
"You're ready!" She frowned. He groaned, looking for an out.
"C'mon!" She yelled, launching spears. He watched them sail towards him with empty sockets, then ducked into the grass.

They struck just over where he'd been standing and a moment later Outer brayed out in unexpected laughter. The others turned to see Classic standing near the edge of the field, nearly half a mile away and staring.
"Are you fucking kidding me." Undyne deadpanned.

Razz let out a shout of rage and was suddenly there as well, seizing Classic by the shirt and teleporting back, throwing him on the ground.
"There's no escaping this!"
"Take it easy!"
"Then show some damn spine!"

"Stars, Razz, take it easy on him! You don't get what it's like for him!" Outer shouted from his place next to Alphys, Frisk and Flowey.
"He should know how to fight!" Black defended.
"I can fight just fine! I'm just nonconfrontational!" Classic explained quickly.
"This is supposed to be a friendly match." Undyne pointed out to him and reminded the other two.

"We'll be friendlier when he cooperates." Black asserted. Undyne glanced at them, at Classic getting to his feet, then at the others on the sidelines. Then she held her hand out and Classic's eyelights died as he was hit with green.
"Undyne." There was fear in his voice. "Please don't."
"You'll just do that vanishing thing again."

There was a whoosh and a loud, almost mechanical whine as a large animal skull with purple eyelights appeared, light building in its maw. Undyne hollered in shock before a laser shot out, the beam barely blocked by a wall of bones.

Another skull, this time with cherry lights appeared on the other side, joined by red bones that launched. Once again it was blocked by a wall, Classic looking like a caged animal. The two lasers continued burning for a moment longer before disappearing and bones rained. Once again it was all blocked.
"Fight back already!" Razz practically screamed.

Still stuck in place, he played defense and didn't respond. Suddenly, a new, bigger skull came into existence behind him, a line cut into its skull over the left socket blazing with a bluish violet light. The beam from this one practically exploded with force, emitting a low roar as it slammed into the bone wall.
"That- that's too much!" Undyne yelled, unsure of who the weapon belonged to.

With a brittle cracking sound, everyone heard the bones give way, snapping like twigs in a blaze, and heard the horrified yelp as the laser hit home.
"SANS!" She charged across the field in panic, having no idea how much damage that last attack did and whether he was even okay.
As she ran, she spotted Frisk darting at top speed as well, a terrified look in their eyes.