Prologue

Error stood at the edge of the cliff in Outertale looking down into the VOID, covered in blood, open wounds, and scars. Here stood an exhausted, tired of fighting warrior. Weary of fighting a battle for a Balance no one seemed to care for. So deep in his thoughts, he didn't hear the portal the King of Negativity, Nightmare, opened behind him to let the 'Bad Sanses' and Blueberry into the AU.

"HIYA, ERROR!!" The blue-clad skeleton squealed loudly, snapping the glitch out from his thoughts. The worn god turned around to look at the squad, surprised by the sudden appearance of the others. "Why are you all here?" Error demanded the group, a little peeved by their sudden intrusion.

Nightmare eased himself onto the ledge, sighing. "Looking for you, of course." He replied in a bored tone while gazing upon the stars. Error blinked, then stared hard at his own hands. The rest of the gang filed in around them, plopping on the edge recklessly. Blue was drinking straight out of a whiskey bottle with a crazy straw.

After a minute of silence, Nightmare spoke up. "I sensed your negativity again."
"Oh leave me alone. Let me be moody in peace!" The glitch complained hotly, scowling. Horror snickered while Dust leaned over to say; "Never."

"Wait Dust, you're supposed to never say never!" Killer joked. Dust facepalmed, then shot the dark-eyed skeleton a dirty look. The other only grinned.

Horror began casually snacking on a random jerky that was probably made of human flesh while Killer and Dust started arguing playfully. Error rolled his eyelights and started knitting a new black shirt for Killer, as maniac's already had too many holes and hung off him in rags. Everyone could see his ribcage, and that's just too revealing.

Cross gasped faintly as shooting stars flitted across the vast, glowing sky of galaxies and nebulae. He started munching on a chocolate bar he'd been holding since they got here.

Blueberry sniggered as Dust took off running with one of Killer's knives. Said skeleton got up and chased him, yelling that it was his favorite.

Horror watched the pair, laughter plainly visible in his eyelight, though no sound escaped him. He turned away, eyelights still smiling as he pulled out his axe and started cleaning the blade. It was bloody. He'd killed recently.

Nightmare scoffed at the antics, but left it alone as he pulled out a book and got comfortable. Error flinched as he laid one of his tentacles across his shoulders, glitching slightly. Nightmare either didn't notice or didn't care, so he let it lie.

After a while, the little chase ended as Dust dropped the knife while hanging from the single tree on this cliff. Killer snatched it up with an "aha!" and went to polish it. Dust smirked from his place in the tree, dangling upside down.

Cross, noticing the trend of caring for weapons, pulled out his oversized knife and began sharpening it.

The Bad Sanses were for once, quiet. The only sounds being a soft hum from Dust, needles clicking from Error, page turning from Nightmare, and the rest with their weapons. Even Blue had his enormous hammer out in the open, scrubbing it despite it being spotless. Overachiever.

This peace was not to last.

Dust very suddenly fell out of the tree, landing with a painful crack. The others turned, a little concerned, only to realize why.

Ink was standing behind them, snickering at Dust's hard fall. Error was the first to speak, Nightmare first to stand.
"Wha+ a®e yøu doing here, ¥a squi[)¿!"

Ink smirked, leaning on his paintbrush. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"
"Mind your own damn business!" Dust fired back.
"No." Ink told him with a grin.
"It's 6 of us against 1 of you. You don't even stand a chance." Killer explained darkly while Horror hid Blue behind him, who complained lightly at the overprotective behavior.

Ink still had a smirk on his face. "Well I was thinking." He started.
"Oh God, he's capable of thinking." Killer muttered, provoking a laugh out of the others, even Ink.
"Oh geez, I might even miss you." He snickered to himself.
"What was that?" Nightmare questioned. Ink clapped his hands together. "Well! I figured the Multiverse could use a little break from you guys!"
"More like a break from you and your bullshit." Dust muttered.
Nightmare's eyelight narrowed, ignoring his subordinate as he addressed the Creator. "And precisely what do you mean by that?"

Error had already summoned glitched Blasters behind him, ready to fire at a moment's notice. Ink chuckled. "Oh, nothing much. I promise we'll look for you in a few years. It won't kill you, I know that much!"

Now Dust had his own Blasters primed, Horror hefting his axe. Cross readied his knife, and Killer slipped several smaller daggers out of his sleeves while Nightmare sharpened his tentacles. Blue's anxiety from his place behind Horror was steadily rising, the King of Negativity mentally noted.

Ink observed this display calmly, unaffected. He giggled.
"Toodles!"
And proceeded to ram Broomie's handle into a huge crack none of the others had seen in the ground, stepping back.

The entire cliff the Bad Sanses stood on broke loose from the mainland. Killer had time to shout "OH SHIT" before they started plummeting into the VOID.

The last thing they saw was Ink peering over the cliff edge, waving with that same mocking grin on his face.

That is, until he realized Blue was falling down with them.
"Oh boy, Carrot's gonna kill me-"