To Speak of Change

Blue was meditating when he sensed it. He saw it's intense aura, like a warping of the world as it approached, it's core bright and solid in the realm of energy. He retreated into himself, stiff as he looked up. Unity was ecstatic inside him, swirling gleefully.

It was a greyish blue beneath the sharp, angular scales like so many crystals embedded into skin. It's back was a thick, luscious mat of white fur, glowing aquamarine tendrils rising up and waving about, whitish pearls attached to them. It's face resembled a dragon, eyes blue-white and pupilless. White, feathery wings hung close to it's sides, tinged with bright blue, aquamarine and silver. The creature was magnificent, but he was not afraid. He knew who it was.

"Abyss." Blue greeted.
The being inclined it's head to him, voice weighing on his thoughts.
𝚆𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘.
мυ¢н ℓιкє уσυ.
"So you've found your.. selves?"
ι αм αωαкє. 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚠. 𝚆𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎.

"You found your names?"
ραятℓу σηє ηαмє, ραятℓу тωσ.
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚎. 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔?
"I get the feeling that your connection is deeper than that." Blue admitted.

The being stared at him without expression. Simply an open, vague gaze. Perhaps they were lost in thought.
Then they turned to the side.
𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚞𝚜. Abyss spoke, striding away.

Blue huffed and stood, jogging to catch up with the dragonish creature. Heavy footfalls padded along the ground sedately, leading him through the gnarled trees.
"Where are we going?" He softly asked.
𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐.
"What is it?"
тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂ ¢нαηgєѕ ση¢є αgαιη, тнσυgн ιт нαѕ вєєη αωαιтє∂ ву тнє тι∂єѕ σƒ мαgι¢ єνєя ѕιη¢є α ƒαтєƒυℓ ∂αу ωнєη ∂яαgσηѕ σƒ ∂郃єяєηт кιη∂ѕ ωєяє ¢αυgнт ιη α ѕρєℓℓ σνєя тнє ƒσяєѕт.

He pondered the words for a moment before they abruptly set in.
Blue stopped walking. The other stopped a few paces ahead of him, looking back with knowing eyes.
"...You don't mean..?"
𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎?

"....How long have you known?" Blue asked cautiously.
𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐. ι ƒєℓт ιт ωнєη ι αωσкє.
"This is a considerably urgent matter, wouldn't you think?" Blue pointed out tensely.
Tԋҽ ԃɾαɠσɳ ɯιʂԋҽʂ ƚσ Ⴆҽ αʅσɳҽ? Unity noted somewhat confusedly.
Sԋҽ ʂԋσυʅԃɳ'ƚ ԋαʋҽ ƚσ Ⴆҽ!

He grimaced as he bit back the urge to find and be there for his friend, knowing that it wasn't his own. "What are we going to do, Abyss Soul?" The named rolled off his tongue surprisingly easily.
"We need her. She won't be able to leave if she really does have eggs. How is it even possible? She doesn't have a Soul like we do."

The crystalline reptile leaned down to peer at him with one large eye.
ѕнє ιѕ мαgι¢. ѕнє ιѕ мαттєя. тнє єggѕ αяє нαℓƒℓιηgѕ, α нувяι∂ яα¢є ηєνєя ѕєєη вєƒσяє.
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚎𝚝𝚊'𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚐𝚐𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝.. 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢. He looked away then, sullen.