To Know a Terrible Truth

((The extent of Fate's cruelty becomes clear.))

He blinked awake to darkness, long shadows cast by the pale moon overhead. Everything around him was faintly colored by the glowing light of his underside. He blinked again, realizing that a shape was floating before him.

Ink blinked one last time, puzzling at the hovering disc in front of him. It was black and white, a ying-yang with it's dots replaced with a swollen reddish sun and full moon, the dark side continuing with phases of the lunar satellite as the light side seemed.. to display the life cycle of the sun. The smallest being a bright cloud, then a white star amidst clouds, to the yellow sun of now and then the main spot that was the eventual fate of the star, swollen and red-orange.

Suddenly the red giant and full moon blinked.
Startled, Ink scrambled away, long tail flailing awkwardly as the disc turned to the side, all the spots blinking and revealing themselves to be eyes somehow. He had never seen or created a creature like this. The living ying-yang was not his creation, and yet here it was in a world of his make.

ᝯׁɑׁׅ֮ᥣׁׅ֪ ꩇׁׅ݊ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅꭈׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒ꫀׁׅܻᥣׁׅ֪⨍, ᝯׁꭈׁׅꫀׁׅܻɑׁׅ֮tׁׅꪱׁׅᨵׁׅꪀׁׅ. ꪱׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ ɑׁׅ֮ ᨰׁׅɑׁׅ֮tׁׅᝯׁhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅ. A voice pressed against him, weak but calm. He stared, unable to speak. The disc tilted another way, then drifted to the side, pulling away.
ꪱׁׅtׁׅ ꪱׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒ ᧁׁᨵׁׅᨵׁׅժׁׅ݊ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ hׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮᥎꫶ׁׅꫀׁׅܻ ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒ᝯׁɑׁׅ֮℘ꫀׁׅܻժׁׅ݊ ⨍ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅꫀׁׅܻ'꯱ׁׅ֒ ᧁׁꭈׁׅɑׁׅ֮꯱ׁׅ֒℘. ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ ɑׁׅ֮ ꯱ׁׅ֒hׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ꫀׁׅܻ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅ ꪱׁׅtׁׅ ꪱׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒ ꯱ׁׅ֒ᨵׁׅ ᥣׁׅ֪ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅꫀׁׅܻ.  It continued.

The disc spun completely around, the spots blinking before smoke appeared around it, slowly forming four cloudy grey wings, flapping slowly and not keeping it afloat in the slightest.
ꪱׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ ϐׁׅ֒ɑׁׅ֮ᥣׁׅ֪ɑׁׅ֮ꪀׁׅᝯׁꫀׁׅܻ, ᥣׁׅ֪ꪱׁׅtׁׅtׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ ᧁׁᨵׁׅժׁׅ݊, ɑׁׅ֮ꪀׁׅժׁׅ݊ ꪱׁׅ hׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮᥎꫶ׁׅꫀׁׅܻ ᨰׁׅꪱׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒hׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻժׁׅ݊ tׁׅᨵׁׅ  ꩇׁׅ݊ꫀׁׅܻꫀׁׅܻtׁׅ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ ⨍ᨵׁׅꭈׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ᥣׁׅ֪ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅᧁׁ, ᥣׁׅ֪ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅᧁׁ tׁׅꪱׁׅ ꩇׁׅ݊ꫀׁׅܻ. It explained to him then, looking remarkably like an angel- and not the artistic human depiction of one, either.

He wanted to ask what it was, why it wanted to meet him, where it came from- so many questions he couldn't utter. Did it know he couldn't speak?
ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ ᝯׁɑׁׅ֮ꪀׁׅ ꯱ׁׅ֒℘ꫀׁׅܻɑׁׅ֮ƙׁׅ֑ ᨰׁׅꪱׁׅtׁׅhׁׅ֮ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅꭈׁׅ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅᧁׁhׁׅ֮tׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒, ᥣׁׅ֪ꪱׁׅtׁׅtׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ ᧁׁᨵׁׅժׁׅ݊. Balance suddenly spoke.

ᗯᗩIT- I ᑕᗩᑎ? He impulsively asked, recoiling in surprise. He hadn't realized that at all.
ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ꯱ׁׅ֒. The disc replied patiently.
Ink blinked several times, then huffed.
OKᗩY.. ᗯᕼᗩT TᕼE ᕼEᑕK ᗩᖇE YOᑌ?

He got the sense that the entity was amused.
ꪱׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ ⨍ꪱׁׅꭈׁׅ꯱ׁׅ֒tׁׅ. ꪱׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ tׁׅhׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ ϐׁׅ֒ꫀׁׅܻ⨍ᨵׁׅꭈׁׅꫀׁׅܻ. ꪱׁׅ ɑׁׅ֮ ꩇׁׅ݊ ᨰׁׅhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅ ᨰׁׅɑׁׅ֮꯱ׁׅ֒ ɑׁׅ֮ꪀׁׅժׁׅ݊ ᨰׁׅhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅ ᨰׁׅꪱׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ᥣׁׅ֪ ϐׁׅ֒ꫀׁׅܻ. ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ hׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮᥎꫶ׁׅꫀׁׅܻ ϐׁׅ֒ꭈׁׅᨵׁׅƙׁׅ֑ꫀׁׅܻꪀׁׅ  ꩇׁׅ݊ꫀׁׅܻ, ᥣׁׅ֪ꪱׁׅtׁׅtׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻ ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅꫀׁׅܻ, ϐׁׅ֒υׁׅtׁׅ ꪱׁׅtׁׅ ᨰׁׅɑׁׅ֮꯱ׁׅ֒ ᨰׁׅꪱׁׅtׁׅhׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅtׁׅ ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅꭈׁׅ ƙׁׅ֑ꪀׁׅᨵׁׅᨰׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ꫀׁׅܻժׁׅ݊ᧁׁꫀׁׅܻ. ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅυׁׅ ᨰׁׅꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅꫀׁׅܻ ᨵׁׅꪀׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ᨮ꫶ׁׅ֮ ɑׁׅ֮ tׁׅᨵׁׅᨵׁׅᥣׁׅ֪ ᨵׁׅ⨍ ⨍ɑׁׅ֮tׁׅꫀׁׅܻ. The disc rotated around again, seemingly disconnected from the wings behind it as it stopped, angled to the side.