Aching Amnesia

The mists of the dreamscape were colder than usual, casting shadows in the indefinite realm as they wandered. They carried a particular weight in their core, uneven and aching. The mortal world simply felt like too much to endure for the moment.
The responsibilities of correcting their balance can wait a day.

Cicállaé strode through gathering clouds of Astrallé, the spirits enjoying their presence as they went out and monitored the waking world, congregating around the god that carried their same responsibility from a now fading existence.
Collapsing.

They could feel it now, even if they didn't want to. It was just more of the same negativity, the Multiverse gripped in fear as the ones remaining searched for a way to reverse the irreversible, losing prominent figures that meant so much to themselves. Nothing but fear.
They felt as though they had failed yet again. Not really new, if they could be honest.

The combined god of emotion paused, their intangible form shifting into something less recognizable and more plantlike, gazing out at the hazy blues that was the merging point of the Abyss and Alagaësia's dreamscape. It was fuzzier, drifting away from one realm and shifting to the next. That meant it was nearing the mortal world, where such an unfathomable place did not belong. It was a concerning development, but they didn't want to think of worrying situations right now. They turned away.

𝙸 𝚜єє 𝚢σ𝚞. A both familiar and strange voice rose from the oceanic depths. They rumbled, then continued drifting away.
᭙ꫀ ꪖ𝕣ꫀ ⅈꪀ ꪀꪮ ꪑꪮꪮᦔ ᠻꪮ𝕣 ᥴꪮꪀꪜꫀ𝕣ડꪖ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ, ꪑꫀꪑꪮ𝕣ꪗ. They explained, floating elsewhere.

With a sound like a crashing wave, something erupted from the endless sea, flying out towards the indifferent tree.
𝙱υ𝚝 𝙰∂ƒ𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚞ѕ, 𝙸 𝚛єм𝚎𝚖в𝚎я!

They paused, regarding the entity now beside them. It was not the vague, sleepy figure that had been christened Memory but the vibrant, clear image of Abyss, eyelights gleaming aquamarine as the strange branching tendrils in his wings, a new tail now hanging from below.

The smile faded into uncertainty as he fell into thought, voice echoing as it shifted into familiarity.
𝚃𝚑σ𝚞g𝚑 ω𝚑𝚢 𝚒𝚜 єνє𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒η𝚐 𝚜σ 𝚖𝚞¢𝚑 ¢ℓ𝚎α𝚛𝚎𝚛 𝚒η 𝚝𝚑𝚒ѕ ρℓ𝚊𝚌𝚎..?

Cicállaé sighed. 𝕥ꫝꫀ ꪑⅈꪀᦔ ᠻⅈꪀᦔડ ᥴꪶꪖ𝕣ⅈ𝕥ꪗ ⅈꪀ ᥴꪮꪀᠻꪊડⅈꪮꪀ ᭙ꫝꫀꪀ ꪖડꪶꫀꫀρ, ꪖ᥇ꪗડડ. 𝕥ꫝⅈડ ⅈડ ᭙ꫝꫀ𝕣ꫀ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ꪑⅈꪀᦔ ᠻⅈꪀᦔડ ⅈ𝕥ડꫀꪶᠻ. They gestured with a branch, waving at the shifting smears of color in the landscape.

𝕥ꫝⅈડ ρꪶꪖᥴꫀ ⅈડ ꫀડડꫀꪀ𝕥ⅈꪖꪶꪶꪗ 𝕥ꫝꫀ ᥴꪮꪀꪀꫀᥴ𝕥ꪮ𝕣 ᥇ꫀ𝕥᭙ꫀꫀꪀ ꫝⅈᧁꫝꫀ𝕣 𝕣ꫀꪖꪶꪑડ ꪖꪀᦔ ᥇ꫀꪶꪮ᭙, ꪖꪀᦔ ⅈ𝕥 ꪑⅈꪑⅈᥴ𝕜ડ ꪑⅈꪀᦔડᥴꪖρꫀડ 𝕥ꪮ ᦔꪮ ડꪮ. ⅈ𝕥 ⅈડ ꪖ ᥴꫝꪖꪀᧁꪶⅈꪀᧁ 𝕣ꫀꪖꪶꪑ. ꪀꪮ᭙, ᭙ꫝꪗ ᦔⅈᦔ ꪗꪮꪊ ᥴꪖꪶꪶ ꪊડ ꪖᦔᠻꫀᥴ𝕥ꪊડ? ᭙ꫀ ડꪖⅈᦔ 𝕥ꪮ ᥴꪖꪶꪶ ꪊડ ᥴⅈᥴáꪶꪶꪖé ᠻꪮ𝕣 ડⅈꪑρꪶⅈᥴⅈ𝕥ꪗ, ꪀꪮ𝕥 𝕥ꫝꪖ𝕥.

Abyss hesitated, peering at them with that knowing, piercing gaze of his. Now his voice finally sounded like himself.
𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞? He asked.
ꪖᦔᠻꫀᥴ𝕥ꪊડ? They questioned. He nodded.

Glowing spirits spun around them as Cicállaé responded.
ⅈ𝕥 ⅈડ ꫀꪑꪮ𝕥ⅈꪮꪀ ⅈꪀ ꪶꪖ𝕥ⅈꪀ ⅈડ ᭙ꫝꪖ𝕥 ⅈ𝕥 ⅈડ. ᭙ꫝꪖ𝕥 ᦔꪮꫀડ ⅈ𝕥 ꪑꫀꪖꪀ 𝕥ꪮ ꪗꪮꪊ?
He stared off to the side, his blazing eyelights briefly fading in and out of clarity before he slowly faced them again.
𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙲𝚒𝚌á𝚕𝚕𝚊é? Abyss asked, an odd note in his echoing voice.