When the Sky Falls

((You're in for a rollercoaster. You're going to cry. You're going to cheer. You're going to take a while.
Oh did I mean in this chapter? No, I mean the next! >:D ))

The Omega Timeline was bright today, the sun burning down with the intensity of a mild summer. The weather was rarely ever unpleasant here, for there were plenty of those with the power to change it that dwelled here. It was almost idyllic in the vast colosseum with a mostly glass dome roof. He was glad Fate didn't bother with this once abandoned universe. It was a nice place to spend the final days.

Ink had the unsettling feeling that they didn't even have days. He was shivering despite the warm air, leaning heavily on the wall of the dark room underneath the seats. There was an arch leading to the field in front of him, the gathered monsters above chattering- so many there were, the anxious babble had become a rumble.

He could feel papers crumbling at a terrifying rate. He knew the voices were only going to get louder as they noticed members of the audience disappearing right in front of them. Even now, he could hear sharp cries echoing throughout the auditorium.
...He was scared.

"Ink, you have to come outside." Outer reminded him.
The god only sank into himself further, shuddering with his arms wrapped around himself, clenching the scarf tied around one wrist in a fist with Broomie in the other. Facing his failure was the last thing he wanted to do right now. He didn't even have enough time, given the rate the AU's were dissolving. So he counted.
⁵,⁶⁴⁸.

"What?" Outer didn't understand.
He opened his eyes, turning his head slightly to better peer down at the skeleton.
⁵, ⁶⁴⁷. ᵀʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʰᵒʷ ᵐᵃⁿʸ. ⁵,⁶⁴⁶.
Slowly, the skeleton's eyelights shrank, sockets wide as he realized.
"That's.. not even half a million." He whispered.
ᴵᵗ ʰᵘʳᵗˢ, ᴼᵘᵗᵉʳ.

Ink looked away then, a wheezy whine forcing its way out of him.
Outer quickly teleported off, frantic to tell others of how little time they had left. He was left there to curl up and wallow in the regret and pain. He deserved it, he knew he deserved it, but he wished it would end.

He wasn't sure how long he sat there counting down, but eventually Ink heard footsteps approaching from behind him, sounding small amid the dull roar of the crowd.
Ink blinked his burning eyes open, shifting around to peer at the newcomer.

The answer was unexpected. An Undyne. She had paused, taking a defensive step backwards at the sight of him, wearing only a tank top and jeans. He couldn't tell what universe she was from, she simply appeared average. Not that it was a bad thing, of course.

"You're a person, right? Not some.. wild animal, right?" She interrupted his train of thought, holding a cyan spear. Ink shifted in place, debating whether or not to answer or just let her assume whatever.
She then poked a tentacle with the attack.

He twitched it away, concentrating as he reached out mentally- which was still a dubious exercise for him. Her eye went wide as he made contact.
ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ᵃ ᵍᵒᵈ, ᵇᵘᵗ.. ʸᵉᵃʰ, ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ. He muttered internally, retreating slightly as she straightened.
"You're a god?"

Ink nodded faintly, tentacles twitching before curling in on themselves.
"Are you a god of anything or just a god? What can you do?" She was grinning excitedly, leaning on the spear. Ink stared at her for a long moment. Her smile slowly fell. "..Did I ask a bad question?"

ᴺᵒ. He answered, glancing out into the greater colosseum. ᴵ'ᵐ ʲᵘˢᵗ.. ˢᶜᵃʳᵉᵈ, ᴵ ᵍᵘᵉˢˢ.
He was more than scared. He was sad. Terrified. Frustrated- at himself, mostly. And other emotions he couldn't recognize, let alone name.
"But you're a god." She pointed out, concerned.
ᴬ ʳᵉᵃˡ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵒⁿᵉ, ʰᵒⁿᵉˢᵗˡʸ. Ink admitted.
"Huh? How- why do you say that?"