He can stay with us - Logan x Patton & Remus (Unfinished)

4:08am

👂👁➖👁👂 h e y

Trigger warnings:
- Remus being Remus
- mentions of past child abuse
- mentions of bad/neglectful/abusive parents
- mentions of past murder

Au

Tired eyes gazed at the sleeping face of his husband. His handsome husband who rested so soundlessly, lips parted just slight, skin perfectly smooth in the glow of the moonlight. Patton was infatuated, smitten since the moment he first laid eyes on Logan in tenth grade. Since then they grew close and close until they were inseparable and after Logan finally destroyed his internalised homophobia from years of growing up with conservative parents he became Patton's boyfriend.

Now married for six years, living together in a beautiful, safe and (most importantly) welcoming neighbourhood they felt they could live out the rest of their lives in peaceful harmony - possibly even starting a family one day.

That was Patton's dream, the dream he had every night, watching his husband and their child cuddled up together so cutely, the sight makes him swoon every time.

Now that he thought about it... he didn't know why he was awake. Moments before he was fast asleep, what had awoken him? He wasn't a light sleeper, definitely not much of a deep one either. It wasn't impossible to wake up during the night but this felt different, a feeling settling within his gut telling him something was... off.

In the darkness of the room he couldn't see much, the window angled a perfect stream of light across Logan's face but other than that it was pitch black.

He didn't know what he was expecting but certainly not his worst nightmare. Eyes flickered around the room until they landed on the doorway which compared to the whole room seemed darker. Like the door was open and he could see into the hallway - that was odd because he was sure he closed the door before bed. In fact he knew he did, every night they followed the same routine, Logan never wakes up during the night and even if he did they had water on their nightstand and a connected en-suite.

The feeling in his gut increased, sending ripples of anxiety under his skin.

He stared for awhile, eyes squinted against the harsh nothingness, seconds ticked by of... silence. Apart from his husband's soft breathing. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him? Or maybe... maybe he could see the outline of a figure in the doorway...

He wanted to scream, to yell, to cry all at once but gripping Logan's hand tight he managed to compose himself, tears springing in the corner of his eyes. He assumed this was a robber, but why were they just standing there!? Doing nothing!? What if... they were more than a thief? He'd do anything to protect Logan's life but he didn't want to awaken him in case movement or sound set this stranger off.

Inch by inch his hand moved towards the nightstand, part of him needed to know if this was a person or a simple night time hallucinations. He's never experienced such things before but in this situation he knows Logan would try and find a logical reasoning before jumping to conclusions.

Finally his hand landed on the back of his phone, it was freezing to the touch. Pulling it under the duvet he subtly turned it on, pressing the screen to his leg to avoid any light coming through the blanket. With it facing the other way he turned down the brightness, swiped up the screen, finger hovering over the torch button.

He looked back at the doorway. The figure was still there.

With a start of faux confidence (adrenaline mixed with fear) he yanked the phone up, turned on the light and screamed upon the reveal. It was a person- a boy to be exact, a young boy who froze like a deer in headlights being put in the spotlight, but quickly dove down the hallway, the sound of heavy footsteps helping Logan comprehend what the Hell was happening after being jolted into consciousness by Patton's scream.