No one likes me - Virgil & Patton

3:01am

Trigger warning: implied racism

I'm not doing so well atm lol-

Au

"Bye mom! Bye mama!" Patton called to his two mothers who both called out goodbyes too, one of them with tears in her eyes while the other gave her wife a side hug to comfort her. Today was the start of Patton's new school, they were both happy for him but nervous - will he be okay? Will he find friends? Will he be bullied? Many worries they have to deal with but Patton's mama was able to distract her wife when they arrived home. A nice date seeing as they haven't really had much time for themselves recently.

Although Patton was a little nervous himself he quickly overcame it, happily talking to teachers if they were to start conversation with him and being friendly to everyone he could which resulted in him sitting on a table with a bunch of children his age, they were all creating a piece of art out of pasta to bring home and stick on the fridge as a remembrance of their first day of school.

Patton finished his pretty quickly and moved around the classroom to help anyone who needed it, the teacher adored him for doing so, she could tell he was a kind-hearted soul.

Patton dropped everything, however, when he noticed a child on his own sitting far away across the classroom. He tried to get the teacher's attention on him but she brushed it off, telling him he wanted to be alone. Patton pushed his lips to the side, frowning. He didn't want him to be alone so with a determined nod he walked over hurriedly, sitting on the chair opposite him.

The boy in question had his head in his arms, face turned to look out the window, a distant look in his eyes.

"Hey!" Patton chirped, startling the boy who sat up quickly, Patton apologising afterwards.

"No, it's-it's fine" the boy whispered, lifting his hand to his mouth to chew his nail, the jacket he wore was quite baggy on him, pooling around his small frame, the sleeves coming far over his hands but he didn't seem to mind one bit. Maybe he even favoured it.

"I'm Patton!" He introduced, "what's your name?"

"Uh-Virgil" he replied quietly and Patton smiled.

"Why are you sitting on your own?" Patton asked, not entirely buying what the teacher had said. The boy shrugged, ducking his head shyly.

"No one likes me..." he finally managed, making Patton frown further, sitting up on his legs to be closer. "Why not?"

Virgil hesitated, watching Patton closely, almost carefully wondering if he would be like anyone else but when he couldn't see any bad intent he sighed, shrugging his shoulders loosely. "Because I'm black.." he answered lowly, nervously looking up at Patton who tilted his head to the side innocently.

"Oh" he mumbled, then shrugged, "I like you!" Patton was suddenly beaming and Virgil was taken back, looking at Patton impishly through his curly bangs that fell across his eyes. "Really?" He whispered and Patton nodded, telling him to wait one sec before leaving the table and rushing over to his original one, grabbing all the pasta he could with some glue and paper, bringing his art work over too and sitting opposite Virgil again, dropping everything onto the once empty table.

"Here, I'll help you" Patton handed Virgil a sharpened pencil and told him to draw out anything he wanted, he paused for a few moments to think, eventually drawing out a flower in the middle of the page, the stem going down to the bottom. Patton jumped up and down in his seat, praising Virgil that it looked amazing and he ducked his head shyly.

Thomas Sanders Sides OneShots 5जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें