Mermaids 3 - Logan x Patton & Roman x Virgil & Deceit x Remus

8:42pm

Who wants to follow me on twitter and create a chaotic GC?

If so, follow me on Twitter (@ DearestRoman) and leave your Twitter @ in the comments to THIS line uwu thanks homos and hets
(GC = groupchat)

No more college until the New Year 🥳
Be honest how many of y'all have already said 'see you next year' or, the destroyer, 'SEE YOU NEXT DECADE-'

Because I have. No shame.

Au

A blur of blue shot through the ocean like a bullet, darting over and under rocks with yellow chasing right behind.

"This is unfair! You've always been faster!" Yellow screeched, slowing to a stop which blue noticed, looping around he returned to yellow's side, his pale lips pulled back into a wicked grin, revealing his sharp fangs. "This is why we practice, you spend too much time in your cave"

Yellow rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his bare chest. "Thanks for the callout" he murmured, eyes slowly lifting up to the surface. Blue watched them widen and he quickly looked up, grasping at yellow's arm and pulling him behind a tall rock, the two looking at the boat slowly passing overhead.

"Think they saw us?" Yellow asked quietly, blue couldn't say but knew it would be in their best interest to stay hidden until the boat completely passed.

From the corner of his eye, he saw yellow's mischievous smile beginning to form and blue winced. "Whatever idea you may have-"

"Oh come on! Please? I've always wanted to follow a boat"

Blue furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "but why? What ever would you gain from such an action?"

Yellow shrugged, watching closely the further and further it got away. "Our ancestors used to!"

Blue's expression changed to exasperation, "correction; your ancestors. Besides that was when you ate humans"

Yellow felt a frown tug at his lips, "yeah, that wasn't very nice of us...still! Come on, we're so close to land, can we see? Please?" And blue couldn't say no to his puppy-dog eyes, so with a sigh and a reluctant nod he agreed and yellow chirped in excitement, pushing around past the rock and ducking to the seabed, quickly catching up with the boat but not getting to close. Blue, on the other hand, was a little more brave (besides, he hasn't been a merman all his life, humans never bothered him) so as yellow stayed low and safe, which blue honestly preferred, he stealthily swam to the surface, the top of his head breaching, dull eyes gazing at the side of the boat that seemed to be owned by a family - a mother, father, with their son, daughter, and their partners.

Blue sunk down and slowly circled the boat, yellow watching in astonishment at his bravery. Or stupidity? No, no...blue has been one of the most intelligent merman in their home. Not as intelligent as the older mers though, they had been around for much, much longer and were very wise.

Blue couldn't say he regretted agreeing at this point, hearing the sound of humans speaking almost brought back a sense of nostalgia...he hadn't heard it in so long, six years specifically. He poked above the surface again to listen, staying close to the side of the boat to avoid obvious detection.

"Only twenty more minutes" the older man waved off, "can you get anymore impatient?"

"I didn't want to be here anyway" the younger girl groaned, sitting halfway onto a man of similar age's lap. "I was forced here by all of you!"