Getting along sweater - Roman x Logan

9:10pm

Man, Doctor Who's great

"And you two are not taking that off until you have gotten along!" Patton told them pointedly, Logan and Roman merely rolled their eyes, grumbled their distaste but didn't say anything else as the dad-like aspect turned to his third son, Virgil, who was smirking at the scene, offering a movie which he agreed to, leaving the creative side and logical side alone in the common room, sitting on the couch in their 'getting along sweater' which was basically this massive sweater that they both fit into, they both had one arm each while the other was tucked inside of the sweater, unusable unless they pushed it under the end of the sweater and lifted the clothing up.

Which was apparently 'against the rules'.

The only reason why they were wearing this was because they had yet another argument, with Roman sprouting ideas and Logan knocking each and everyone down with his own reasoning - how would Logan know how much it shred Roman up inside? Or maybe he does, but Roman's feelings don't matter to him. He believed that more than he'd like too admit.

"We would not be in this mess if you listened to me" Logan piped up in the almost silent room. Roman snorted in disbelief, glancing at the side from the corner of his eye with an 'are you serious?' Look. However, Logan didn't need to answer that - people with neckties, especially him, we're always serious.

"Take the moral high ground all you want, nerd, but you were the first to start yelling" Roman fired back, trying to shuffle away from the side as much as he could. Now it was Logan's turn to snort; "because you wouldn't listen"

Roman was ready to whip around and rip the sweater in half, stand and start yelling so maybe he could get his point across but he refrained, knowing Patton made the sweater, and instead turned to him calmly, hoping maybe if he stayed collected Logan would take him more seriously.

"I did listen, Logan" he started, hand under the sweater clenched, "but you have to give me a chance to talk, too"

"I did!" Logan responded, and that wasn't a lie, he did allow Roman to talk. "However, when I bring up something you can't defend because it's true, you start to yell and talk about topics not even related to our argument!" Logan accused, staring at Roman's face that fell. It twisted, losing the anger, replacing itself with realisation. Logan waited impatiently for Roman to reply, instead he settled back into the couch, eyes gazing intently at the ground for awhile.

Logan had wondered why what he said affected Roman so; was this real? Did he try and want to end this by making it out like he was hurt? Or was he actually hurt? Logan couldn't see why - and if he was it would be a little over dramatic-

"The only time I defended myself" Roman began, Logan felt his heart plunge when his words were small, vulnerable, boarding a whisper, "is when you implied I was an idiot" Roman then shook his head and withdrew his arm out of the sleeve, sitting up in his seat once again. "But it's true; isn't it?" Roman then turned to Logan with eyes deep in hurt, "I'm just an idiot to you" the accusatory in his tone made Logan reel back, as if he was punched.

"Nothing more than an idiot" Roman whispered, pulling the sweater over his head and standing up. "Tell Patton I'm sorry" and in an instant, Roman's words hardened, dripping with a sudden venom, "I can't follow rules because I'm an idiot" he spat the word at the logical side who opened and closed his mouth, paralysed on the couch with the sweater still drooped around him - he had no idea what to say.

Roman left the room with a dark shadow shrouding him, and Logan sat, still, for what felt like forever, running over their conversation again and again, so deep in thought they didn't even hear Virgil and Patton enter.