One story, two sides - Roman & Logan & Freya

12:35am

Everyone have a good Christmas? If not you can complain here! It'll act like a safe space, talk about things you can't with others :)

Freya is Emile Picani (did I spell his names right? Lmao)
For nO reason at all I'm gonna make Emile trans lmao she's a she in this OneShot and called Freya (goddess of communication)

Trigger warnings: bad childhood, bad parents, neglect, therapy

Au

"Roman!" Freya chirped, turning in her wheelie chair to face her client who managed a smile, taking a seat in the brown plush chair opposite, a desk littered with Disney stickers and small, Disney-related decorations separating them. Roman approved of it very much.

"I'm glad you could make it for this very important session!" As she spoke she tapped papers against the desk to straighten them out, placing them to the side after to give room for her notebook and pen which she pulled out from behind her ear after fumbling to find it. "Of course!" Roman grinned, leaning back and shifting into a comfortable position. "I wouldn't miss it for the world"

Freya merely sent him a grin and flicked through some notes, humming while in thought. Roman had been attending therapy sessions after his boyfriend, Virgil, suggested them to him. He also went to Freya and knew she was great at what she did, plus makes Virgil feel comfortable every single time. She has a way of discovering the truth even if it wasn't spoken and always, always helps in the end, even in tough situations. Plus she adores cartoons which Roman could get behind.

"So" she settled, becoming a little more serious. "We have established your childhood wasn't great, and is the main reason your later life is being affected" she recited and Roman nodded, sighing out dramatically. "What I would give for good parents"

Freya smiled, "don't let your childhood define you Ro, take Cinderella for instance! She was able to move on and marry the man of her dreams, even with a crooked step mother" she referenced then quickly carried on. "And this was mainly your parents doing, right?"

Roman nodded, flicking his hair from his eyes. "Unfortunately so! They neglected me so much I didn't exist to them" Freya shot him a sympathetic gaze, "but we've also come to terms with the fact it's not...just your parents" at the simple insinuation Roman was already tensing up, sitting straighter in his chair, suddenly not wanting to casually slump anymore. Freya noticed and jotted down some notes, chewing the back of her pen. "Logan, right?"

Roman looked off to the side, focused on the framed posters of sweet quotes from cartoons, their silhouetted characters above. "Must we mention him?"

"We'll need to, Ro, I know the basis of your animosity but I'll need more" she explained, feeling guilty for having to do this but it was important, she knew Roman's brother contributed to the pain he's stuck with now and she needed to get to the bottom of it. She knew they weren't friends, rarely spoke and certainly didn't grow up close. As if they were two magnets facing each other the wrong way - pushing apart until they couldn't reconnect.

"I know, I know" he murmured, glancing at his nails polished red. "I simply..." he drifted, letting out a long sigh. "I don't like him" he concluded and Freya nodded. "I see...like Squidward and Squilliam" she giggled softly, scribbling out a few more lines of notes. Roman smiled at her innocent comments, she always made him feel better.

"I have come across a few clients in the past with sibling trouble" Freya began to explain, leaning back in her chair and crossing one leg over the other. "And, I feel, the best way to tackle this for you...is if I get a story" Roman cocked an eyebrow curiously, "a story? Well I suppose I could make one-"