Overwhelmed - Logan x Patton

11:22pm

Trigger warning: panic attack

Logan, also known as Logic, praised himself on his work ethic, how much he could get done in a single day without feeling an ounce worth of stress - he was smart, he was calculating, he could work out any problem given to him without trouble, and never let emotions get the better of him.

Until today.

Because right now; he was having a panic attack.

It started slowly, small, not really noticeable. With him reading, sitting on his bed, he didn't really think about why he had to take longer breaths of air, or why it was becoming as if no matter how much he breathed in he wasn't getting...enough.

Only when he closed his book and pressed his hand to his chest did he realise what was happening, and that made it worse. He moved to sit on the edge of his bed, taking in a few gulps of oxygen, wanting to feel like it was enough, he knew it was more than enough, but it didn't feel like it, it felt like he needed more yet he physically couldn't get more.

His body felt prickly, goosebumps scattering across his skin, his state worsening with every passing moment. He knew soon Virgil would be able to sense it - he probably already can, Logan hoped someone would come soon, he couldn't call out for help, not when he had to focus so much on his breathing, not when fear crawled through his system, screaming why couldn't he just get enough oxygen!?

Somewhere in this he slid to the ground, lowering his forehead to press against the carpet, hands wrapped around his neck, gently rubbing the skin with his lips parted wide, gasping and gulping, spluttering as his air became sharp, hitched, cut off. Was he doing this to himself? Why couldn't he stop it?!

His vision darkened around the edges as he lifted his head to look around his room, nausea suddenly hitting him like a pile of bricks toppling over him. His stomach clenched and in that moment he knew he was going to be sick. Staggering to his feet, he rushed to his attached bathroom, collapsed before the toilet and wrenched up his lunch from earlier that day which was most digested by now - acid from his stomach burning his throat as it flew out and splattered into the toilet bowl.

His eyes stung with unshed tears, harsh coughs erupting from his mouth as he backed into a wall, the world spinning around him, his own thoughts crashing like tidal waves through his mind. He couldn't stop imagining he was going to die-

"Logan, Logy, Logy Bear, hey, hey" a sudden voice was in his ear, calming, reassuring, soft words uttered carefully, quietly, not too loud to shock him. Logan's eyes found Patton and he reached out to him, still unable to talk, tears spilling down his cheeks without signs of stopping anytime soon.

"Logy, shh, shh" Patton soothed, holding onto his hands tightly, "breathe with me, okay, okay?" Logan found himself able to understand his instructions, breathing in, holding, letting go. It took awhile for him to catch on but he managed, slowly, slowly but surely, in the end he was tired, exhausted, but breathing in and out on his own, able to acknowledge he was now getting the right amount.

He leaned against Patton, the others cleaning up for him, giving him a tissue to wipe around his lips, afterwards a glass of water to rid the horrid taste in his mouth. He thanked them quietly, still holding onto one of Patton's hands.

They all helped him to his bed, Roman clicked his fingers, Logan suddenly wearing his unicorn onesie.

"Get some rest, Logy" Patton whispered, laying in bed beside him, the lights out, Virgil and Roman having already left. "Then you can talk to us about it, okay?" Logan nodded, unable to talk, head resting in the space between Patton's shoulder and neck.

"Thank you, Patton" Logan whispered, shuffling closer to the side who drew soft shapes into his back.

"Anything for you, Logy Bear"

11:38pm