It will never work 2 - Remy x Emile

7:37pm

Part tWOOOOOOOOOOO

I didn't know what Ron's last name was earlier (Weasley, I know)

Au

Emile found himself happy to be back at school, weird, usually everyone hates school - but it was nice to be back from such a long break. He was in the second year now, waiting around in the grand hall to try and spot his best friend, Remy. Throughout the first year the two were inseparable, they spent each and everyday together, their friendship growing and growing until it became impossible to break.

Switching numbers, they texted and phoned throughout summer, but in the recent days coming up to school Emile noticed Remy had changed a little, they weren't as happy as before, and usually kept conversations short and brief. Emile knew the best thing to do would be to deal with it in real life, but he was worried, he hadn't seen them at all and the meal was about to start.

He talked to a few other people he made friends with from his house - not many, mainly due to his time spent with Remy. Everyone in school thought they couldn't do it but they did, a Hufflepuff and Slytherin, never seen before. Thankfully, no one hated them on it - in fact everyone encouraged it, people from houses should be friends with other houses, too. Especially being kind towards Slytherins.

By the time the new first years were rolling in Emile had enough - it was obvious Remy wasn't showing up so he was going to look for them. Standing up, he managed to slip out the room and down the corridor, texting Remy as he went, but still no response. The first place he checked was the Hufflepuff house (able to enter after Remy told him how).

The main room was empty, but that didn't discourage him. He climbed up to the dormitories and into the boys room, surprised to see a lump on one of the beds. A lump that looked like a human body. Emile slowly walked up, assuming it was Remy and taking a seat on the edge of the bed. He felt the lump shift.

"My dad says I'm really coming along with my therapy training" Emile began, folding his hands on his lap. "One day I get to be like him. I know I'm far away yet, but you know what they say! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" he began to sing, bobbing his head side to side.

"Just lay down and fucking cuddle me" Remy murmured from under the blanket. Emile smiled, taking off his robe and shoes to snuggle up to Remy, holding them close and comfortingly. The pair laid under the blanket for awhile, in the silence Emile sometimes spoke up to murmur something he remembered, anything that might make Remy feel better, as obviously something was getting to him.

"And I told her, 'no silly! Aang is the one who-'"

"My parents hate me"

Emile stopped talking instantly, eyes wide as what Remy said registered in his mind. He couldn't see their expression as his face was tucked up close to his chest, under his chin, but he heard his words loud and clear, worry clouding through him.

"What do you mean?"

Remy sighed, holding Emile tighter. "I'm a Hufflepuff in a family of Gryffindors - As soon as I told them the bitches didn't speak a word to me!" They suddenly sat up, Emile flinched at the sudden movement but followed suit, rubbing Remy's back as they held their head in their hands, breathing shallow.

"The entire fucking summer! Not a word! They'd stare at me as if I was a disappointment! The-the.." Remy choked up, unable to finish before sobs were shuddering through him and tears were slipping down his cheeks, splashing on the blanket that pooled around his body.