Best summer ever - Roman x Virgil & Logan x Patton

8:16pm

Suuuch a typical title lmao I'm bad at naming oneshots okay 🥺

Uhhhhhhdihdjdbhjshbjshjbsshbjs my friend said I act like both Roman and Remus so my name is now Romulus

Trigger warning: mentions of bad parents, mentions of past death, the writings of someone who has never lived on a farm or cared for horses/piglets

Au

"Pink, WAIT!" Patton screeched, sprinting across the field after his twin brother Roman who was also chasing 'Pink', one of their pet pigs who had escaped the pen. Even if they have a chance of losing Pink forever, Patton and Roman were absolutely losing it, and the former was seriously close to pissing himself.

"PiIIiiiIInK!" Patton wailed between his echoing laughter, tears running down Roman's face as he laughed too. "I can't-I can't" Patton wheezed and collapsed to the ground, "Roman! You've got this!" He yelled after his twin who was his elder by ten minutes. Roman, cackling himself, called back some sort of agreement but it was hard to decipher between his giggles.

Pink was a fast little shit who crossed through the beaten pathway between the small section of woods separating the farm land and the road. Roman knew this but he also knew not many cars drove by - which was why he screamed in shock when he darted across the road only for his ears to be filled with the sound of a blaring car horn. Luckily he was fast too, living on the farm all his life he was extremely nimble, however the people inside the car were extremely bothered.

"Jesus! What the fuck?" One of the boys, Virgil, exclaimed, turning around to see who it was but all he saw was a flash of red before it darted through the hedge on the other side. His twin brother, Logan, was already looking, the book he previously read from falling into the middle seat.

"An idiot" Logan supplied, twisting back forward. He knew he wouldn't get an answer from the driver as he (not so secretly) hated the twins in the back seat, however money was money and he'd gladly drive them miles and miles away from the city.

"Is that common around here?" Virgil sighed, flopping back against the plush seat, fiddling with his phone. "Hard to tell, I know nothing of country life" Logan responded, instantly returning to his Agatha Christie. Virgil wasn't surprised and carried on listening to his music, gazing out the window as the woods finally ended and he could see the vast expanse of land - empty land, mostly. There were some houses dotted around, plus groups of woodland, other than that it was barren.

He did enjoy the countryside, but after watching many horror movies, it made him shudder and duck down in his seat. How easy would it be to get murdered around here? He certainly wouldn't leave the house after dark.

"Finally"

Logan's eyes flickered up to the driver, Virgil didn't hear with his earphones in. Then he sat up and peered to the side, eyes landing on the farm he assumed they would be staying in for the summer. He could see a two-story cottage and a large barn a little ways away.

He guessed it could be worse - but he was much for living in a city, this would be Hell for him. More Hellish than his life already was, but at least he lived where he wanted to prior.

The black, sleek car pulled down the mud driveway, stopping before it would get too close. He hit the horn once and quickly a middle-aged woman came through the front door, an apron tied around her waist.