Truth and lies - Logan x Deceit

12:01am

I finally read 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' and wooowwwwwwww, yeah some parts were boring but that ending!? Those last few chapters!? Fucking WORTH it holy crap

Also why don't I ship the sides with Deceit more often?

~ Another story set in old-ish times ~

Au

"And his name?"

"Logan Atlas"

At the mention of the name Deceit stiffened a bit, then relaxed back into the plush seat. His eyes were focused on the word blurring through the windows of the carriage called for by his friend, Roman Kingsley, who was sitting opposite with his two arms wrapped around his younger partners - Virgil and Patton.

Their relationship was certainly not common, not only was it very gay but a poly one too,  however due to Roman's status and wealth he is rarely ever insulted or called out for it. People whisper, offend, spread gossip, of course they do - but as soon as Roman enters a room people hush up real quick and run to his side, practically ready to kneel down and kiss his feet. Deceit finds it pathetic.

The most commonly talked thing about their relationship however was Virgil and Patton's lower class and poor families. To Roman it was nothing, to his class it was everything. But he never let those sorts of things get in the way of love, if he were to like someone and potentially fall in love he'd do it no matter the wealth, class, gender, race, as long as they loved him back. Both Virgil and Patton were very happy to be with him, not only did they grow up together and already have feelings for each other but now they get to love the other man they had fallen for as well.

They never really spoke much in the presence of other higher classes, such as Deceit, they were quite submissive to Roman but that was the sort of relationship they had. During alone times between himself and Roman he often went on about the nights they'd all talk and cuddle for hours without ever thinking about anything else other than each other. Deceit was one hundred percent sure their relationship was loving and stable - but how they were raised, Patton and Virgil are just more comfortable staying quiet, especially when going to parties such as these.

Full of important, wealthy, high class.

And the host of the party? The most important of them all. Logan Atlas. Known across the country for his wealth, his family, his infinite knowledge - he was the person men wished to be and women wished to be with. It still shocked the country he wasn't married but it just made him available which women weren't complaining about.

He was raised in a mansion with servants doing his every bidding, he was sent to the best private school in the land and got the highest grades - the record is still there, even years later. Unfortunately at the young age of nineteen he lost both his parents in an accident with a carriage, the worst of all was his mother was childbearing. For a few months Logan shut himself away, but thankfully he came out alright in the end.

After receiving sympathies from friends, acquaintances and people he didn't even know he started to get tired of it and tried to push it away - even now he sometimes gets the odd consolation but other than that it's almost completely forgotten.

Roman was one of Logan's only friends, the man didn't indulge himself with people often, only for business purposes really. He has known Roman for awhile, however, and Roman certainly wouldn't let up their friendship. Which was why he was invited to this party, it's always a given he'd bring his partners so his plus one was usually his plus three, he often didn't bring anyone else though today was different, he met Deceit at a different party only a few months ago - they bonded from how terribly boring the party was and left early.