Recognised - Virgil x Roman

6:57am

When you have an all nighter uwu my sleep schedule is what I like to call: fucked

Sleep schedule? More like sleep free for all amiright gen-z

I have never wanted to watched Flushed Away more than right now

,,,R O D N E Y

Trigger warning: mentions of murder

Au

Virgil felt throughly and utterly...screwed. Why did he come here alone? Because he was an idiot, and now he was hurrying through a crowd of people similar age to him to move away from the hustle and bustle and find a quiet area to pass the time before he had to line up at the meet and greet occurring later that day. He didn't have to but it was the main reason he was coming here; he had wanted to meet this certain person for ages since becoming a fan two years ago and everything lined up perfectly for him to take this week off to get up to the convention and...see him.

But to say he was anxious about it would be an understatement. He was practically shitting his pants. And he wasn't even in the line yet! He didn't want to imagine what it would be like to actually meet him, his idol, he presumed it would be...awkward, and horrible (his own fault of course). Would he even be able to speak? What if he had a panic attack and ruined it all? So many scenarios Virgil contemplated simply going back to the hotel but he was here now, if he wasn't completely sure he'd be back home.

The person he so desperately wanted to meet was a YouTuber; after finding him through a news article he checked out his videos and was drawn in. He did an array of videos, from make up tutorials to music-based videos to listing undermined musicals and favourite Disney movies. He also experienced in vlogging (luckily he had pretty interesting days) and most the time Virgil was sucked in. No matter what he'd upload Virgil would watch, his personality and contagious laughter made him lovable and his ten million subscribers (growing) agreed.

Virgil himself was an artist, mostly based digitally, and he has made countless drawings of the YouTuber, only posting half, and only a quarter being noticed - still! Whenever it was seen it would make his entire week, his response made his heart burst in joy because every single time he was so sweet!

His name was Roman Kingsley...and yes, of course being attractive came with the package. Sometimes he could be a bit arrogant, and came with quite the ego but Virgil could see past it for him...the lovable, gay, eccentric goofball he was.

Virgil might've had a small crush on him, he couldn't help it, he was sure many other people did. But he didn't think of that right now, instead he plugged in his earphones, sat down at an empty table and distracted himself with YouTube watching - you guessed it - Roman. He didn't upload over the few days he goes to conventions so Virgil had to rewatch some old stuff (not that he minded...) his favourite was the bloopers from some scripted videos. His smile, laugh, made his day and calmed down his hammering anxiety.

Unfortunately as time ticked on Virgil knew he'd have to get up and start heading to the 'meet and greet' area if he wanted to have a chance to see him, as he was sure many people would be there. He was putting it off as much as he could but it was now or never. Finishing the video he pocketed his belongings and rose from the table, after glancing around the large room he realised now would be the best time to leave as it was filling up with others who were taking a break to eat - he was sure his table would want to be used soon.

Taking the way route out to avoid getting too close to strangers, he moved tensely through the crowds of people either in cosplay or in merchandise - he recognised a few items of the merch from other Youtubers, but would only smile when he saw Roman's merch, which he wore himself under his baggy purple and black jacket. Finding the meet and greet area wasn't too difficult, it was a large room after all - he winced when he saw how long and compact the line already was but thankfully not too long that he'd be cut off after a few hours.