His death - Roman x Virgil

7:37pm

Trigger warning: death, suicide, mentions of poor childhood, mentions of drugs,

Au

Everyone on Earth knew and lived with a simple statement that started from whence the human race began to evolve.

'The harder you are to kill, the more horrific your death will be'

And nothing could be done about it. People who manage to survive such horrendous moments in their life when they're close, so close to death, regret it forevermore, for they know they won't be getting a peaceful ending. Others who go through life with barely a scratch are allowed to pass away in their sleep without a single notion to that matter.

And currently, one certain human named Roman, was in a sticky situation. Since he was a child he lived in quite a...less than safe area, living with criminals, drug abusers, the whole lot made him have to grow up quick and learn how to defend himself from anyone that would try to put him in harms way.

He managed to get away in his early teens only to find himself wandering the streets, starving, unable to stop shivering, more times than not collapsing to the ground with the lack of energy in his body, but he pushed forward, and he never gave up.

Someone found him eventually, it would be pretty hard not to. He was put into a few foster homes before given a family to live with the rest of his life, and they were wonderful, very kind and giving. But also wealthy. That wasn't such a problem, really, but one night when Roman was shot by a burglar, it became one.

Yet he survived.

One night, walking home from a friends party, he was mugged, even with a knife impaled into his stomach, he survived.

When he aged, he became more and more aware of everything happening around him, and everything that he had already been through. By the age of twenty nine he had lived through so many moments of near death he truly wondered what would be the thing that would kill him, what would manage to take his life once and for all; whatever it was he knew the pain of it all would be so unbearable he was sure the best thing in that moment would be the sweet release of death.

In his free time he worked through so many things that could possibly lead to his downfall, he made connections with the worst possible ways to die, or killed, or tortured, and every time he did it, the more paranoid he became, he knew he wouldn't last much longer after this - but at least he lived a good life, huh?

When that time did come, the way he was killed was never even considered an option for him, never crossed his mind, not once. It didn't seem...like it would ever end that way.

When he was a kid and moved in with his family, he met a boy in school, a lonely boy who wanted a friend. Roman became that boys friend. Their bond grew and grew over the many years spent together, it grew so much their friendship turned into love, and they got married as soon as they both turned twenty years old. They were immeasurably in love with each other, and nothing could ever destroy what they had.

Roman's husband knew Roman's death would be something terrible, he knew Roman wouldn't grow old with him, and even after many nights spend with a crying Roman, telling him to leave and find someone he can be happy with forever, his husband never left, he'd just hold him close and not stop reminding him that he loved him, and wouldn't leave him for anything.

But in the end, he did, however it wasn't his fault.

That night, that horrible night, it started off happy, bubbly, the two on a date, but now Roman was knelt on the ground, holding the lifeless body of his husband after he was shot by a drunken man who passed out straight after.

For years Roman wondered what would kill him - he never knew it would be himself.

It should have been obvious, he thought to himself as he picked up the gun, laid down beside his husband and held his limp hand.

That the only way his death could've lived up to everything he survived was if that death consisted of losing someone he loved.

Because the worst death of all is watching the person you love take the same fate.

Idea from:

"The harder you are to kill, the more horrific your death will be" - Writing Prompts

7:57pm