Opposite - Patton

8:19pm

Trigger warning: abusive parents

I hate chocolate

Fun facts with Satan

Au

"I said stay the fuck away from me, Roman" Patton snarled at the boy who had walked up to him during break, the brightly dressed boy clenched his hands into fists before throwing his arms up in the air in exasperation.

"Why?! What have I-we done?" He gestured to his two friends a distance away, talking to each other but facing their friend. "We just want to be your friend" Roman tried again, arms lowering to his side, but he knew he wouldn't be able to get through to Patton - no one has. From birth it seemed he hasn't had a single friend, he's hostile to everyone and anyone who tries to talk to him, obtaining countless detentions and suspensions from how he treats faculty. In the end they stopped trying - it seemed the only person that still tries is Roman and his two friends, Logan and Virgil, but even they were reaching their breaking point.

"Take a hint" Patton stood up from his chair, it falling onto the ground loudly. "I don't want to be your - or anyone's - friend" with that, he took his leave, barging his shoulder into Logan who waited in the doorway, he stumbled but Virgil caught him before he could fall fully.

As Patton walked away, he ignored the few students who lingered in the hallway, a few pausing their conversations to stare while others taunted him - finding it absolutely hilarious when he would turn red in anger, but when he retaliated (which he always does) with punches and kicks, they don't find it as funny anymore.

Luckily, he restrained himself today, besides it was only two young boys, they were just following the crowd. However, if he caught them again he didn't think they'd be as lucky.

His classes went by as usual - with him doing barely any of his work, students keeping a few desks between him and them, and the teacher being too worried he'd lash out to try and talk to him, so in the end everyone let him do what he wanted, out of fear for themselves and others in the class.

At the end of the day he left last lesson early, walking through the swarm of students was hellish and with their taunts and quick movements to avoid him, it all made it very hectic and hard to walk through, so he just up and leaves to distance himself from it all, making it even more less likely to ever become remotely close to someone in this damned school.

The street he lived on was quite far away from the school, so by the time he could see his house he was sure everyone else was already home - bar the odd few students who stay behind for clubs and such. His pace slowed as he headed up the driveway, hesitating to open the door, knowing his parents were home. Taking in a quiet breath, he turned the knob and pushed open the door slowly, looking into the small foyer covered with a stained carpet and horribly coloured walls.

He thought he could go hide away in his room but it seemed he closed the door behind him a bit too loudly, as before he knew it his father was appearing in the living room doorway, face stone cold as it usually was, beer bottle hanging loosely from his hand that was crossed over his chest.

"I thought I told you to piss off" he grumbled, voice low and horse. Patton gripped his bag strap tight, forcing himself to keep his face from turning into a glare. "Where can I go?" he responded, voice low and void of emotion, but not too much to sound sarcastic. He had to keep track of every darn thing he did in this fucking house.

"Does it look like I care, boy?"

You should, I'm your son! He wanted to say but he didn't exactly want to get hit around the head.