The creature 2 - Roman x Virgil

9:36pm

*looks at time on my IPad...then immediately checks time on phone because my brain thinks 'if it's not from phone it's not good enough'*

Au

"And then if you loop it here" Virgil pulled the string through the hole, tightening it afterwards. "You make a bow - see?" He gestured to his laces on his shoe that Roman had been fascinated by ever since he first noticed them, even going so far as to lay down close to the ground and poke, sniff and growl at them until Virgil showed him what they did.

"It keeps my shoes" he tapped them "on my feet" he then tapped his foot which he had removed his shoe from minutes prior. Roman cocked his head to the side, eyes flickering from his shoe to the foot with unadulterated fascination.

While he looked Virgil slowly raised his hand and combed his fingers through Roman's hair, the creature stiffened for a moment before relaxing into the touch, his throat rumbling with a purr that Virgil would forevermore find absolutely adorable. He had come back to Roman day after day throughout the past two weeks, whenever he left he worried throughout the entire time they were away - Logan didn't say anything but he knew this lab wouldn't go by without testing him and Virgil has seen some of the faint scars across Roman's body.

He found out that Roman can heal himself completely, never leaving a scar for over a certain amount of time, even really deep injuries and cuts - meaning these scars weren't from the wild. They were done by scientists and that made Virgil's blood boil. How could they harm such a cute, curious creature? Probably because they haven't seen this side of him but still...he hated the human race sometimes.

Due to him coming around frequently and his visits being the same time (late in the evening) Roman often would get up and ready for Virgil to come in, able to faintly smell him when he's standing right outside the door.

He's gotten more and more excited and Virgil couldn't get enough of his infectious happy behaviour.

"I bet being cooped up in here sucks, huh?" He asked knowing Roman wouldn't be able to understand him much, let alone respond. The creature opened his eyes, blinking at his new friend innocently. Virgil smiled and slowly dropped his hand from his hair, trailing it across his arm until he drew back.

"Lo said they take you out regularly, I don't believe him" he chuckled, "he just says it so I won't try anything..." Virgil's eyes drifted to the ground, then to the pile of blankets in the corner. Virgil didn't like this, not one bit. He didn't like it the first time he found out about this and still hates it now - this creature shouldn't be here, he should be in the wild, left alone and ignored by anyone who might come into contact with him.

Whoever caught, trapped and hurt him could go to Hell. Logan promised him he only partakes in the information-side of things, he hasn't even seen the creature in person, Virgil trusts him but still this was wrong and inhumane. But when have humans ever been humane with this sort of thing?

Virgil's also been teaching him about other things too, human-related mostly. Once they got the hand holding down he thought it might be fun to try and teach hugging. It was not. Roman hugged him so hard he nearly choked to death. But that was a week ago, he's pretty much nailing it at this point! Virgil's still timid around it though, however Roman enjoys it very much and it goes without saying they cuddle for the last remaining ten minutes Virgil was going to be there for.

Even though Roman's a little eager he does enjoy their cuddles very much, the idea of Roman trusting him as much as he does makes his heart warm and honestly Roman's a very good cuddle-buddy.

"Maybe one day I'll get you out of here" Virgil murmured while Roman messed around with his shoelaces, barely paying attention to what he was saying. The more he thought about it the more he wanted to do it and a mere three minutes later it was set in his mind - he would help Roman escape to freedom no matter the cost.

That night while Logan had fallen asleep he snuck into his office and searched around, avoiding the topics that had nothing to do with Roman. He respected his friend's work and knew a lot of it was top secret and if someone at his work discovered he told someone/someone else found out he'd get into deep shit which Virgil didn't want to happen.

But still, Roman was a living creature - his life meant more than being locked up and tested on.

Unfortunately he couldn't find much other than what Logan had already told him about Roman, but he came across something that might help him. It was a schedule of sorts, one that showed Logan's co-workers' work hours, who came in after dark and on what days.

From a quick scan he realised barely anyone came in on a Sunday, the ones who did all left before four pm that afternoon, if he wanted to try and free Roman Sunday evening seemed to be the best opportunity. Plus he had learned the layout of the building at this point, he also knew the security guard's route from when he spent a few minutes watching the screens that displayed what the security camera's saw.

Every five minutes the guard would walk down the hallway in which Roman was held, but he knew if the guard didn't catch him the camera's would - Logan is able to turn the specific one showing Roman's hallway off whenever Virgil goes to him during the evenings, but he's never told Virgil how he does it, which is quite annoying. To ask would be suspicious.

As he sat at Logan's desk and thought a sudden idea popped into his mind.

He brought his phone from his jacket pocket and scrolled through his contacts, calling his friend he's had since his teenage years. Said friend was currently in Canada for vacation after his boyfriend suggested it, Virgil remembered meeting the boyfriend - he was a severely sweet man with a very childlike attitude, Virgil was surprised his friend wanted to date him but he guessed opposites attract.

The phone didn't answer the first time but he kept calling and calling until it eventually answered.

"Oh Virgil" His friend cooed from the other end, "you have made a grave mistake"

"Yeah, yeah De" Virgil responded with a smirk, he found waking up his friend to always be amusing, especially over how furious he got.

"I will kill you" his friend promised then sighed, "now, what in the ever-loving fuck do you want?"

"Remember when we were kids?" Virgil began and Deceit was silent from the other end, Virgil could imagine the stare that was currently on his face. One that would tell him his friend was about to lose his shit. "And you turned off the school's security cameras so we could sleep over in the building that night?"

"I didn't wake up to go on a trip through memory lane, Virgil. Besides I thought we promised to never bring it up?" Virgil rolled his eyes. "Yeah but this is important. How did you do it?"

Deceit was quiet for a few minutes, "I bet I could find thousands of YouTube videos that could answer that exact question-"

"Just tell me!" Virgil hissed, trying to stay as quiet as possible.

Deceit clicked his tongue but did as he was told, recalling how he did it in school and passing that information to Virgil who wrote down notes quickly on a random sticky note he found inside of Logan's desk draw. He'll give it to the nerd that he's a very organised fellow.

"Is that all you need?" Deceit asked once he had finished, "yeah-uh...you don't wanna know why I need this?"

Deceit snorted, "I couldn't care less Honey, just don't get caught"

Virgil wasn't surprised at his response, "I'll try" and with that the call was over and Virgil was staring at the desk with a growing smile. He might...be able to do this? With the keycard Logan got him he could easily get into the building, avoid the guards, turn off the camera for however long he needed and get Roman out of that place. He just hoped if he was caught they wouldn't hurt Roman.

Sorry haven't updated in awhile~ blame Minecraft

2:15pm