Show you something - Roman & Remus

10:11pm

I wanna make something clear; I will not ever ship Roman and Remus romantically due to the fact they are canonically brothers and I don't wanna get involved with that side of the fandom. Maybe not all my Oneshots in the future will have them as brothers (if it's an AU - if it isn't an AU they will always be brothers) but still I won't ship them romantically

Au

Roman's head lifted when a sudden noise alerted him to stare at the ceiling above. It seemed no one else had heard it as his siblings were still playing with their toys and his parents were sitting in their respective seats, father reading the newspaper, mother reading from her book.

He brushed it off as his mind playing tricks on him but the more he carried on playing with his little brother and sister the more he couldn't get it off his mind. In the end his curiosity was near to eating him alive so he excused himself for a moment and hurried up to his room as fast as he could (there were many strict rules in this household, one including being forbidden to run inside - he found his parents to be odd, very strict and way too comfortable with looking into his private life).

Entering his room where he was sure the noise came from a gasp left his lips when his eyes landed on his older brother Remus who was reclined on his bed, staring at the ceiling with a smirk forever plastered onto his face.

"What are you doing here?!" Roman hissed while silently closing the door. Another rule; no closing any door completely unless it be the front or the back.

Remus looked up suddenly at his brother, seemingly in a world of his own before Roman disturbed him.

"Ah Roman, my least favourite brother" he cooed in that silly voice he always used, sitting up where he sat.

"I'm not so keen on you either" Roman grumbled childishly but he couldn't help it, he and Remus were always bickering no matter what. It drove their parents up the wall. Speaking of which; "if they find you here they'll kill you" Roman harshly whispered at his brother who didn't seem to care, he truly didn't have a care in the world.

"I wonder if they'll use my favourite weapon" he giggled while resting his chin on his palm. Roman rolled his eyes and dragged a hand through his hair, he was worried for his own sake too, if his parents came up to see what he was doing and saw Remus they'd yell at both of them and surely punish Roman as they couldn't exactly do anything to Remus as he was twenty years old. Four years older than Roman.

He could tell him to stay away but he'd come back.

"Remus, just-"

"I want to show you something" he interrupted, getting up from the bed and waltzing over to Roman who glared at him. "And I don't care" he muttered, hands clenched, really tempted to push Remus down the stairs but that would put him in an even worse predicament.

There were many reasons as to why his parents hated their eldest child, he broke every single rule he could for one which made them kick him out on his seventeenth birthday. Before that he was a devil child, completely irresponsible, wouldn't listen to any sort of authority figure, he was truly the worst but even so Roman (reluctantly) loved him.

He had seen his struggles, held him when he cried, Remus had been through a lot and Roman could respect him for not murdering his parents when he got the chance.

"What if" Remus carried on, standing behind him and resting his arms on his shoulders to lean against him. "I pushed you out of the window - would you come then? Unless you were impaled, or broke a leg. Imagine the bone splitting through your skin-"