Happiness - Patton x Virgil

10:54pm

Know what I need?

Some ~l i p  t h e r a p y~

Au

Virgil awoke that morning to the smell of cooking bacon. Curiously, he heaved himself up and rubbed his eyes, brushing his hair away from his face while checking the time. He was surprised to be up at eight, but then again whenever he smells food he simply can't stay asleep.

Slipping out of bed, he put on his jacket over his pyjamas and padded down the hallway, descending the staircase and heading into the kitchen, spotting Patton cooking up breakfast for them all. He moved around the room with grace, a bounce in his step and a smile on his face. Virgil smiled too and quickly disappeared, grabbing Logan and Roman from their beds.

"It's important" he told them when he found them cuddled up in Logan's room. Begrudgingly, they followed him down, neither of them morning people, especially as it wasn't Logan's waking time (according to his schedule).

But they instantly knew why when they saw Patton, humming along to the radio, swinging his hips back and forth gently to the tune. His smile seemed to brighten up the entire room, his being glowing.

They all couldn't help but smile, too.

Due to something that occurred earlier that year, Patton's happiness had become non-existent. In fact, today was the first day they had all seen him smile.

"We all get over things eventually" they remembered him telling them a few weeks ago. "Some taking longer than others" he added with a shrug. Even if he was grieving, going through life's worst imaginable punishments, he was still giving advice, making the others feel better for they truly didn't know what to do to make Patton happy again.

He made them feel okay and while they hated themselves for the fact they let him do that, they also realised it helped him, in a way, him giving out advice which he could internalise, too. He could reassure others and himself that he would smile again - maybe not now, maybe not for awhile, but one day.

And that day was today.

The day Patton found his happiness.

11:19pm