His 'friend' - Virgil x Logan & Patton

3:28pm

Trigger warning: child predator

My friends had an exam today while I did not hehe *dab dab* loooseeerrrs

I gave my dog a bath

Fun facts with Satan

Au

"Patton! We're home!" Logan called as he and Virgil walked through the doorway, carrying a few bags full of their groceries. They heard feet suddenly hitting against the ground before their son's head appeared at the top of the staircase, grin ever lasting on his face.

"Dad! Papa!" He called excitedly, phone in hand as he hurried down the staircase and jumped into Virgil's arms, the man putting down the bags so he could catch the ten year old without dropping everything. He's learnt from experience.

"I missed you! How was the trip?" He cocked his head to the side, allowing his dad to carry him on through to the kitchen while Logan grabbed the rest of the bags, struggling a bit but not complaining. "Eh, it was fine" he shrugged, placing Patton on the counter, "a little too crowded, through" he added on as an afterthought, Patton frowning when he did and reaching forward to hug his dad's hand.

"I'll protect you, dad" he beamed and Virgil smirked, ruffling his son's hair affectionately. "Whatever you say, pop star" Patton giggled at the nickname and helped put away all the food, afterwards his phone made a noise and he lit up like a Christmas tree. "Who's that?" Logan questioned curiously, sipping from a bottle of water.

"My friend!" Patton explained while hurriedly typing out a text, his lips stretched from ear to ear he was so happy. "I'll be in my room!" He added, quickly rushing away and up the stairs, closing the door a little too loudly but his parents knew he did that when he became over excited.

"Kids" Virgil mused, rolling his eyes. Logan snorted in agreement, allowing Virgil to wrap his arms around his waist and lean against him comfortably. "Wanna watch Netflix?" Virgil offered and Logan happily obliged, sitting on the couch together while turning on the television.

And his parents didn't think about Patton's new friend for awhile.

However, they did notice something else.

"You okay, pop star?" Virgil asked Patton during dinner, him sitting at the table while he and Logan cooked. The boy looked up from his phone, plastering on a smile neither of his parents fully believed. "Yep! This games just a little hard" he brushed off, returning to his phone quick. Virgil and Logan shared a glance but decided not to say anything on the matter - their son has never lied to them before, so they trust him.

They noticed, over a period of a few months, Patton's mood has started to deteriorate. Their once happy, bubbly, bouncy child has become quiet, hidden and spends less and less time with his parents. Both Logan and Virgil are very worried, but each time they ask him about it he tells them something different, something that ties them over for another couple of weeks before their worry comes at them full force once again.

One day, Virgil was tidying the house when the phone started to ring. He stopped his music and picked up the device, holding it to his ear while resting the mop against the wall.

"Hello?" He called first.

"Hello. Is this Virgil Atlas?" To this day Virgil feels a little flutter of butterflies in his stomach when he hears his last name. When he married Logan, he took his name and can't help but feel giddy over it. But now wasn't the time. "Yeah? Who's this?"