Flowers - Remus x Deceit

1:23pm

Trigger warning: mentions of repression, insults, purposely self harming

This was much more dramatic than I originally intended

Yeah I like writing Remus' character, what of it

"Why are you here?" Deceit heard the angry growl coming from his once close friend now enemy, sitting at the table with the other 'three light' sides who all looked up in surprise to see him. Usually the 'dark sides' stayed in their section of the mind, same for the 'light sides', so it was very rare to see them unless they were up with Thomas.

Deceit merely hummed, drifting towards the fridge and opening it up. "Where do you think we get our food, Virgil?" He responded without looking over at them, instead reaching in and taking out a few snacks that appealed to him.

"Just ask Patton, he knows all about it" he added, sending the bubbly side a wink before parting from the room with the food in his arms. Usually the 'dark sides' got their food from this side of the mind due to the fact it was better, they couldn't argue against that but never came up during the day to avoid confrontation - it's amusing but when the insults start flying it becomes awkward very quickly. However they always get away with it if it's just Patton in the kitchen. 

They may be 'dark sides' but that doesn't make them any less sensitive to harsh words.

Sinking down into the ground he appeared in his room a second later, placing the food onto his desk, right beside a flower that definitely wasn't there before. With a confused frown he gently picked it up, holding the stem between his finger and thumb, twirling it around slowly to stare at the brown, decaying petals that he was sure was once a tulip.

His first thought went to Remus, he usually is the type to leave dead things lying around wherever he went but he's never left a plant before. With an eye roll he threw it over his shoulder and into the trash can beside his desk wishing he could do the same to that deodorant eating side.

The flower didn't enter Deceit's mind again after that, it wasn't something to be remembered that was for sure. A few days later Deceit found himself wandering to the 'light sides' section of the mind once again - his visits have become more frequent since he first appeared in one of Thomas' video. He would never admit to anyone why he came here, he knew they all assumed it was for his own entertainment to try and get a kick out of annoying someone, but that was far from the truth. While he did enjoy annoying them the soul reason why he came here was because it felt...better.

It was hard to explain but to him he felt more comfortable existing in the light side's section, like a comforting blanket sweeps around him whenever he crosses into it, he feels safe, protected. In Thomas' mind nothing could happen to them that could lead to death or excruciating pain, he knew that, he taught Remus that, but still the 'dark side's' section felt uncomfortable, uneasy and very eerie.

He had gotten used to it over the many years he had been alive but lucky for him he wasn't used to the comforting imaginary blanket that encased him when he was in the 'light sides' home so he'd come and go whenever he wished.

"And this is used to show you're bewitched by them! In a good way, of course" Deceit heard Roman's voice come from the other side of his door that was obviously covered with stickers related to musicals and Disney. Curiously he stepped closer to the door, listening in on his conversation.

"Oh brother, your knowledge of flowers is sooooo fascinating" and Deceit's eyebrows jumped up when he heard the sound of Remus' voice. His hand flew to the door handle, ready to push open the door and see why he was there but he didn't - he stopped himself and took a step back. Why should he care what Remus did? Besides he and Roman were brothers, it would be odd if they didn't spend at least some time together.