Preferred name - Roman x Logan

12:04am

Short and sweet fluff between cis Logan and transgender (FTM) Roman?

Don't forget Maya is the name I use for Deceit when she's trans male to female!

Au

The bright, early morning wasn't so bright at all. The sun had barely risen and it was still rather dark outside, nevertheless that wouldn't deter Logan from his usual morning walk, he often preferred to be early for school as it allowed him to relax in the library with a good book, but in recent cases, relax in the library cuddled up with his boyfriend who can't help but serenade him with affection every time they meet. Logan would never complain. He adored it, and it wasn't such a secret between them.

Dating for a little over five months the two boys were incredibly in love with each other, and both their parents adore the relationship as much as they do. While Roman's older brother Remus is a little protective, he knew deep down Logan was a genuine guy, and once realising this he let loose and now the two were friends.

A usual occurrence between the two boys were sweet morning text messages, Logan always sent his first due to waking up at an earlier time - Roman often liked to sleep in, but his desire to walk with Logan overpowered his bed's impossible comfortableness. 

Perching at the side of his bed, Logan withdrew his phone from his back pocket and opened their messages. They had already sent the 'good morning' texts, but now Logan wanted to get a little more serious.

Gumdrop - Roman? Are you free to talk?

Romeo - of course! Whatever is the matter, my dear Gumdrop?

Gumdrop - I wanted to make sure you were okay. After all today is the first day teachers will use your preferred name.

On the other side of the phone Roman tensed and looked the other way, phone fumbled between his hands. He hadn't forgotten about that little detail but tried desperately tried to push it to the back of his mind. After gaining the courage through countless compliments and reassurance from friends, family and Logan he finally spoke to the school about changing his name on the register. He hoped the teachers were informed, and they wouldn't ask in front of everyone, 'who's Roman?' only for him to have to give a small explanation, which would most certainly make him very uncomfortable. He hated when people asked questions, he wished they could use their common sense, but on the other hand he knew some weren't trying to upset him and simply wanted to make sure they were using the right pronouns.

Roman discovered he was a boy at the age of thirteen, now three years later he knew it wasn't a phase, or a stepping stone to his 'real self', he was a boy, whether or not biology said so. He hoped it would pass without a palaver, he also hoped people would accept him - but he knew some people in his school would be more incline to bully him for it. However his brother, Remus, would beat them to a pulp, so he wasn't too afraid of them knowing they were afraid of his brother who was practically an unhinged ball of chaos not afraid to kill.

He sighed, knowing Logan will get worried with his lack of response.

Romeo - I'll be okay, with you by my side I can conquer any beast in my path!

Gumdrop - I know you can. I will be with you every step of the way. I love you.

Romeo - Oh Logan, I love you so much! Just wait till I see you

Gumdrop - Please do not throw yourself on me again. You sprained my wrist.

Romeo - Hahahahahaha! Don't worry Gumdrop, I won't let any harm come your way for as long as I live