The creature - Virgil & Roman

5:57pm

"Look at what you've done— are you proud?"

"...yes"

Au

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Logan asked with a concerned eyebrow raise, his arms crossed over his chest, lab coat showing him off to be someone who worked there while Virgil? Well, he looked somewhat like he worked there. He wore a lab coat too but with his usual clothes on underneath, with the coat and jacket he was extremely hot but one; he knew he'd be taking off the coat soon and two; his jacket was his life.

Due to being friends with his very nerdy friend Logan he was able to get a glimpse into what life was like at the lab, most of which is hidden from the public eye. He and Logan had been friends since they were born it felt like (because Virgil's mother and Logan's father were best friends too) so they spent a lot of time together growing up.

They both liked to think of each other as life long friends who told each other secrets. Technically these secrets in the lab weren't Logan's to tell which is why he wouldn't say everything but one night they were both a little tipsy and he might've let some information he shouldn't have loose. Ever since Virgil didn't let it go - he needed to see it in person.

"I'm sure, it doesn't attack unless provoked, right?" Virgil shrugged off his lab coat, handing it to Logan who sighed, glancing at the metal door they stood beside. "I suppose not. The camera's will only be disabled for a few more minutes, once you enter you will have to stay inside until I say so. Do not worry, it can't reach you if you stand by the door" Virgil nodded and turned to the door, he knew he had to enter now, of course he was extremely anxious but he could only imagine what this lab might do to whatever was on the other side so he needed to do something.

"See you in Hell" Virgil breathed out, letting Logan open the door for him to slip into, flinching when it shut heavily behind him, locking too. He swallowed thickly, the room itself had only one light hanging down from the ceiling, a single, small bulb giving off a soft orange glow that barely lit up anything.

Virgil's eyes surveyed the room, it was empty apart from a bundle of blankets in the far right corner.

When he stared long enough he pressed into the wall behind him when he noticed two red piercing eyes gazing at him intently, unmoving, waiting for him to do something.

Virgil swallowed again and steeled his nerves, remembering what Logan told him, repeating it like a mantra. 'It won't attack unless provoked'

"Uh-...hello?" He called into the room, clutching onto his sleeves tight.

In response he heard a low growl. "I'm-I'm not here to hurt you" Virgil tried again, he couldn't be scared, Logan told him before, being scared will get him killed for he looked weak, vulnerable, easy to kill for a quick meal.

Taking a breath he stood up taller, taking his hands from his pockets, rolling up his sleeves. "I have something for you" Virgil stated, strengthening his voice to avoid it wavering, from his back pocket he pulled out a bag of blood - Logan had studied the creature the most and understood it drained any carcass they would throw inside before eating the meat afterwards.

"Here" Virgil slowly lifted his arm, holding the bag in it's direction.

The creature didn't move for awhile, eyes never shifting from Virgil, just watching, waiting for him to try and trick him, make him come out only to attack. Realising this wasn't going anywhere Virgil bent down and gently tossed it into the creature's direction, Virgil saw the blanket shift back and he assumed he flinched further away from the stranger, aka himself.