2022, May 20 - Seokjin (Something With Blood)

(A/N: Loop #1)

[Places: Kim's neighborhood, police station]

Taehyung was taken to the police station last night. I extend a hand to touch the graffiti Taehyung painted. Painting is Taehyung's escape and what consoles him... But all I feel at my fingertips is the cold, hard wall.

"What did you think when you made this?"

The lines that Taehyung left are fluid and rough. It almost feels angry, like a struggle. Am I doing this right? I start feeling uneasy but shake it away quickly. It's too early to indulge in these thoughts. I have to hit the ground running again.

Now, Taehyung will go back home no matter what, and he'll attempt to k*ll the abeoji who keeps beating his noona. There's only one thing that's changed from the previous loop. Me.

I protected Taehyung's abeoji after he was injured at work. I paid the hospital bills instead. I've built up some credibility with Taehyung, enough that he's thanked me.

"I can stop it this time." My words will get through to Taehyung. "... I can do it."

I reassure myself, trying to erase the uneasy feelings that start to plague me. Taehyung will be out soon. Time to hurry before it's too late.

I turn to go to the police station, leaving Taehyung's graffiti behind.

Taehyung and I walk wordlessly down the street. No... I'm just technically just following Taehyung after he walked out of the station. It's a good thing that Taehyung hasn't pushed me away or asked why I'm following him. I try to say something to ease this awkward silence, but I can't get myself to say anything knowing what comes next.

We soon arrive in front of Taehyung's house. "... Thanks for walking me here."

"Huh? Oh... Yeah."

"Get home safe."

"Yeah, thanks. You should rest up, too. Do you have work today?"

"... No, I got someone to fill in because I wasn't sure."

I make sure to watch as Taehyung heads inside, then quickly take out my phone. "The time..." I check the time and count down in my head. The incident will begin soon.

I give myself a bit of delay before carefully stepping into Taehyung's apartment... Into the familiar surroundings I've seen far too many times. "Taehyung-ah! No!" I run in and grab Taehyung's arm.

"Let go!"

I grab on even tighter so that I don't lose grip of Taehyung. He flails furiously. I need to stop this! I can't fail now!

"Taehyung, wait! Calm down-"

"Let go!" Taehyung shoves me away. Slam.

"Augh!" I must have hit something. Pain blooms in my skull. "Ow..."

"Hyung!" Taehyung spins around towards me with a look of shock. The voices that call me grow fainter, and my vision grows blurry.

Tae... Hyung... Ah--

I hear the glass shatter.

***

(A/N: Loop #2)

[Place: Kim's neighborhood]

This graffiti-filled place is Taehyung's playground. The ground is littered with cans of spray paint. He must've been in a hurry since he didn't have time to organize things before he left. It must've been really tough for him... and lonely.

I slowly scan the wall full of evidence of Taehyung's presence. I wonder how Taehyung's feeling now. How much of him has been torn and broken? All the countless things I can't even begin to measure... Are all here for me to see.