2022, Jun 13 - Jungkook (Me At The Hospital)

(A/N: From Book 1)

[Place: Hospital]

I heard faint voices and opened my eyes to see Hoseok hyung and Jimin hyung gazing at me. Every time I blinked, their faces kept disappearing and appearing again.

"Are you hurt? Are you in pain?" Jimin hyung asked.

"I'm fine. I'm not hurt." It was a lie. It was a serious accident and I had almost died.

The doctors kept warning the others for days that they should be prepared for the worst-case scenario. I regained consciousness after ten days and I began to recuperate at an astonishing rate.

"You should've called us. What are we to you?" Hoseok hyung sounded mad.

"Hyung, it's not that I--." I began to talk but couldn't finish the sentence. As soon as I came to myself at the hospital, I thought of them. If I would've been able to think straight, I would've called them first. But my mind was blank, and I was in pain. The sedative they gave me was so strong that reality, dreams, memories, and illusions all seemed to be knotted up in my head and were impossible to disentangle.

The unbearable pain finally subsided. But the strange images that flashed before my eyes while suffering from fever and insomnia kept coming back. I wasn't sure whether those scenes had actually happened or they were just twisted nightmares triggered by severe pain. I couldn't trust my memory. But I still couldn't contact them. I didn't know what to say or even how to start talking. I just smiled at them. Or I tried to smiled at them. My face must've looked like it was all twisted up and I wad about to cry.

***

(A/N: From Book 2. Same settings.)

When I opened my eyes, I saw Hoseok hyung and Jimin hyung's faces. Every time I blinked, their faces kept appearing and disappearing again.

"Are you okay? Are you in pain?" Jimin hyung asked.

"You should've called us. Don't we mean anything to you?" Hoseok hyung sounded upset.

(A/N: Throwback)

I had woken up in the hospital two weeks ago. They said it was ten days ago when I had the accident. I came to, but with pain. Because of the sedative, I felt numb all day and couldn't remember things even from moments ago. I couldn't tell what was real, what was dream, what was memory, and what was illusion. Everything seemed faint.

And I would have dreams. I am floating in midair, and when I look down on the hospital bed, I see another me. The me on the bed is asleep. He must be dreaming because his eyes move under the eyelids, and out of the blue, he opens his eyes. And our eyes meet.

In the next moment, I am lying down on the bed, dreaming about the night of the accident. The headlights become the moon and change into marble-like green and blue lights. When I open my eyes, I see another me floating up in the air. We exchange glances, and our consciousness switch. I become the one on the air and the one on the bed. The switches happen faster, and I become dizzy and nauseous.

And I would wake up panting, sweating, and feeling nauseous. And I remembered something I had forgotten: a voice saying, "It'll be more painful to live than to die..."

(A/N: this is still part of the throwback he is having.)

"Are you okay?" Eommeoni called the doctor to ask about me. The doctor said I was recovering and there was nothing to worry about. I had fractures and contusions, but did not suffer from any bleeding. I was lucky considering it was a car accident.

"Who hit me, though?" I asked.

The police officer answered that question a couple of days later. He showed me the surveillance camera of the accident. In it, I was thrown into the air after being hit by the car, and then I dropped to the ground. The car disappeared from the screen, and I couldn't tell whether it stopped or not with its red taillights barely visible. And a couple of seconds later, the light disappeared as well.

The officer said the car rammed the guardrail after hitting me. And he asked me if I remembered anything. At that very moment, the voice struck my mind, "It'll be more painful to live than to die..."

And the night of the accident replayed in my head. The headlights zooming down in my direction, the car I saw as I was thrown up in the air, the shock of crashing down under the asphalt road, and the taillight growing faint.

The officer asked, "Are you feeling okay? Did you remember anything?" I looked at him. I realized it was Seokjin hyung's car. The officer said, "Even if it's a small thing---,"

I shook my head and said, "No, I just have a headache."

BTS HYYH Notes (Book 1, 2, BUS Game) // COMPLETE [Part 2]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें