2022, May 15 - Jimin (Finally Escaped)

(A/N: Loop #1)

[Place: Hospital]

Three days pass by in a flash. Tonight's the last night I'll spent in the open ward. I organize my belongings and sneak glances at the person beside me. Someone else is already assigned to the bed that was Hoseok hyung's.

"Jimin-ah... Let's get out of here... I'll come back for you." The last words he said to me before he left dance in my head. Me? Leave this place? I go back to the 💚💚💚 tomorrow, anyway.

I toss and turn in my bed. I try to convince myself, but hyung's words stuck in my head. Eommeoni and I both would suffer even if I left the hospital. If I stay here... I can at least be a good kid. Eventually, after being lost in all sorts of thoughts, I fall asleep.

Something falls and startles me awake. "What was that?"

A warm breeze drift in from somewhere. Did I leave the window open? I get up to close the window, but its too dark to see properly. I better turn the light on first. As soon as I reach out to do that, someone's hand grabs mine.

"Ssh, Jimin-ah, it's me. Don't be surprised."

"Hoseok hyung?"

Hyung shushes me quietly. I can see that he's placed his finger over his lips. "We all came together."

All...? But I can't muster up the courage to follow him. "Hyung, I..."

"Everyone's waiting. Let's all leave together." He holds a t-shirt out to me.

🔴

(A/N: Loop #1: Take the shirt.)

I somehow end up taking the shirt. He pats my head then, almost as if he's praising me. "Let's go." Hyung takes my hand and pulls, helping me out of the bed.

🔴

(A/N: Loop #2: Think about it.)

What do I do?

He doesn't just stand there and watch as I hesitate. He reaches for my hands and... "Oh?!" Pulls me out of bed.

🔴

Hoseok hyung's hand leads me through the dark hallway. "Here. This way." Hoseok hyung and I arrive in front of the elevator.

"... Oh?" The elevator open to reveal its passengers.

Seokjin: It's been a while.

Namjoon: We kept you waiting, huh? Hurry and get in, Jimin-ah.

It's Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung. I'm so happy to see them that I want to cry.

Hoseok: Okay, save the hellos for later! Let's hurry up and head down.

We join Seokjin hyung and Namjoon hyung in the elevator and head to the 1st floor. The lobby is quite and dark as usual for this time of night. A candle suddenly lights up at one of the tables. I hear a familiar voice.

Taehyung: Oh! Jimin-ie is here.

Jungkook: Hyung, you weren't found out, right?

I can make out Yoongi's silhouette in the darkness, too.

*Yoongi raised his hand as greetings.

Hoseok: Haaaa... I thought my heart was going to explode.

Namjoon: Are you okay, Jimin-ah?

Yoongi: Hoseok said he'd carry you on his back if he had to.

Taehyung: Psh, who'd carry who?

Everyone is the same. They're the same people I remember laughing with in the classroom.