2022, Jul 21 - Yoongi (Constructions & A Decision That Jimin Took)

[Place: Construction site]

I saw Jimin walking by himself during a break at the construction site.

Surprised by how I looked, Jimin asked me. "Hyung. What are you doing here?"

"Making a living." Looking all dusty and sweaty in my work clothes must've seemed as unfamiliar to Jimin as it did to me.

"Are you okay? Is something up with you?" Jimin asked cautiously.

"Do I look okay to you? It hurts everywhere."

"Then, why are you---." Jimin didn't finish.

"What can I say--- Would you understand if I said this is something I have to go through?"

Glancing back and forth between me and the building in the middle of the construction site, Jimin simply baffled.

"You're going to go by yourself?" I asked when Jimin said he was on his way to the hospital. "We can go together tomorrow."

"He has outpatient sessions only on Fridays. Today is Friday, so I have to go now."

"You sure you'll be okay? Call me when you're done. I'll be waiting for your call."

I watched as Jimin headed to the hospital. Because he knew I was watching him, he held his head up and shoulders straight, and strutted on purpose.

I wondered if he'd be okay. He had been locked up there for a long time. He pretended as if it didn't bother him, but I knew it was not an easy decision to make.