2022, Jul 18 - Taehyung (Escaping)

(A/N: POV #1)

[Places: Building, road]

We opened the door with "Conference Room" written on it. There was a big, round table with chairs around it, and from the windows, we could see the whole city including the four leaf logo, the canned coffee billboard, and the Yangji Stream.

Namjoon hyung stand right next to me and said, "Wow, this must be the place. But what should we do now Taehyung-ah? Does this make you remember anything?" He talked around the office, looking at this and that.

I felt numb as I looked out the window. I heard Namjoon hyung's voice as if it were coming far away. As if we were under the seawater, things seemed surreal as they swayed. My breathing slowed down, and things looked hazy. As if I was dreaming. My body floated up and slowly spun.

(A/N: throwback to Taehyung's dream)

Seokjin hyung was sitting in a chair. Talking on the phone. He smiled faintly and stood up. In front of him was a folder. Songju City Redevelopment. The moment he picked it up, all the lights in the city vanished.

(A/N: end of throwback)

"Kim Taehyung!" Hearing my name, I snapped out of it.

Namjoon hyung's voice was low but urgent. We heard sounds coming from outside the office.

"Yes Mr. Song. The printer in the Conference Room? Yes, we'll put the document inside the cabinet and lock it. No, don't worry."

"Hide!" Namjoon hyung lay down behind the sofa.

I rolled to hide behind the cabinet. The two men came back and turned the lights on. I close my eyes, and get my self smaller. When I opened my eyes, I saw printed pages below the printer. On the bottom read: Songju City Redevelopment plan page 3.

(A/N: Read this part after Namjoon's POV from the last page.)

I crawled out from behind the cabinet. My eyes met Namjoon hyung's. He gestured as if to ask what the hell I was up to and to go back. The men were still standing by the door, looking inside the room. I extended my arm and grabbed the pile of papers from the printer.

***

(A/N: POV #2)

The men were talking on the phone by the desk. Namjoon hyung and I stayed close to the floor and tiptoed quietly toward the door. Fortunately, the door was still wide open. We passed the hallway and headed to the stairs. We ran down the five flights of stairs like hell.

Even when we got outside, we still ran. We ran through narrow alleys and repeated making the left and turn and then right turn. It'd become easy for us to get away. 

"How many times did we get chased by the police?"

When I said that, Namjoon hyung gestured throwing a punch at me. I fumbled under my shirt and brought out the papers. Namjoon hyung said we should throw them away now.

"But why? They might be related to Seokjin hyung."

To that, he said, "Didn't you hear those men? It's top secret. We shouldn't get involved in something complicated."

It was then the police showed up around the corner. After scrutinizing us up and down, the officer reported on his radio: "Two men, in their late teens or early twenties. Match the descriptions. Will take them to the station ASAP."