2022, Jul 22 - Yoongi (A Day At Gyeongil Hospital & Jungkook)

(A/N: POV #1, PS: this is the first part of Jimin and Yoongi's POV from this day.)

[Places: Hospital, road]

"He's here."

Hearing that from Jimin, I turned around and saw a man in hospital gown in the hallway. He looked mid-fifties. Skinny with stooped shoulders. His face looked gray and staggered. His shoulder must've hurt, for he was grabbing onto it. For a moment, I was reminded of Seokjin hyung. The man didn't look anything like hyung. The eyes, nose, and mouth--- he looked completely different. But I saw Seokjin hyung in his face.

Jimin stood up and said hi to the hospital person who came with the man. And we heard a grating "beeeep" sound. Everyone frowned and looked up at the TV. Someone tried to turn the channel, but something went wrong with it and it kept beeping. Covering my ears, I looked at Jimin, who was doing the same thing.

The sound disappeared, and the TV was back on. "Why don't we take a look at the interview from a couple of days ago, and continue our conversation," said the anchor, and Kim Changjun was on TV.

***

(A/N: POV #2)

Jimin watched for a long while as the man was dragged back to the off limit ward. The man didn't get to see a doctor and was back in the elevator. We walked across the hospital lobby that was empty on this Saturday afternoon because visiting hours were over.

After calling him sir, Jimin couldn't continue. The map of the soul was important to us, but getting something out of the man in that state was cruel.

When the man had stood up with the help of the hospital assistant, Jimin mumbled to himself, "I'm sorry."

When we walked out of the hospital, the sun came beating down on us.

Jimin finally opened his mouth and said, "Were you able to understand anything he said?" His voice cracked, and it was obvious that he was trying to get a hold of himself.

When the man had been asked about the map of the soul, his face became grotesquely distorted. His eyes shone with rage and he screamed convulsively.

All I heard was, "Because of him, my soul was wrecked."

"Him," the man he was pointing to, was Kim Changjun on TV. "Considering how he was having a fit at the time, I'm sure it didn't mean anything," Jimin said.

I thought so too. There was no reason to think that Seokjin hyung's abeoji was somehow involved.

"Let's go back to the words we did understand."

After nodding for a long while, Jimin said, "He said something like Giho."

"Right, he said Giho was missing. A Giho--- the symbol? Then, is it related to the map? And did he say something about a music room?"

"Music roon?" Jimin looked at me. "I don't remember hearing that---. If he did say it, then he meant the music classroom. I heard that he got admitted when he was in high school."

The high school music classroom, a Giho, and Assemblyman Kim Changjun. A combination that had nothing to do with each other.

"I'm sorry," Jimin said as we were out of the hospital entrance. "You came all the way here on your day off for nothing."

Jimin's phone went off at that moment. Taken aback, he looked at me. His phone said Jungkook.

I shook my head. "We keep this between us, away from Jungkook ."

He has to focus on getting better. We can tell him when it is all over. If we can get away with never telling him, that would be even better.

***

(A/N: POV #3)

I looked up at Gyeongil Hospital, trying to locate Jungkook's room. And I saw a room with its window ajar. Someone was looking down from it. As I was wondering whether he might be Jungkook, he closed the window and disappeared.

I was thinking we should go up and see him now, but Jimin looked distraught. He was upset at having lied to Jungkook.

"Let's post what we've found out so far in the chatroom." I said as I nudged his shoulder.

Walking side by side, we clicked into the chatroom.

(A/N: Chatroom)

Yoongi:
He said because of someone, his soul was wrecked. He mentioned the music room, I couldn't make heads or tails out of what he was saying---.

Jimin:
He was admitted when he was in high school, so he must've been talking about things from back then. It seems he'd been chased by someone. That was why he was admitted of his own volition. I thought he was just saying stuff, but maybe it's related to something.

Taehyung:
All we did was find the office of the Assemblyman Kim Changjun, so we got nothing to show for that as well.

Yoongi:
Assemblyman Kim Changjun? That man in the hospital said Kim Changjun wrecked his soul.

---and there was a sudden silence---

Yoongi:
So the place Namjoon and Taehyung went to, and the person we went to see were all related to Seokjin hyung's abeoji.

Jimin:
Seokjin hyung's abeoji and the map of the soul---. What are they about?

Taehyung:
We should find out more about it. Seokjin hyung's abeoji might know something too.

Namjoon:
I will ask my boss at the gas station first. He said he knew Seokjin hyung's abeoji back in high school.

Taehyung:
That's a good idea. But Hoseok hyung is not reading the texts. Does anyone know what's up with him? Jimin?

Jimin:
I called him and he said he was busy with Yangji Children's Home.

Yoongi:
Is something up with the orphanage?

Jimin:
They are going to get rid of it because of the redevelopment. He sounded pretty terrible, so I was going to go see him.

Namjoon:
What? The orphanage?