2022, May 5 - Seokjin (Hoseok Focused Loop)

[Places: Orphanage, bar]

(A/N: In the game, the said building in his back written as 양지보육원 or Yangji Boyukwon a.k.a Yangji Children's Home / Orphanage / Nursery School.)

"Hyung! Over here!"

I meet up with Hoseok in front of the children's home, which is located near the Yangji stream. Hoseok's holding a bunch of hamburgers and looks to be in a good mood.

"You look so excited to be here! When did you last visit?" I know the answer is last week, but I ask like I don't know.

"Not that long ago, but it makes me happy whenever I visit, though. It's like coming home." Hoseok easily and often uses words like "family" and "home" when he talks about the children's home. "What's that you've got?"

"Ah. I felt weird about coming empty-handed, so I brought some snacks."

"Wow, the kids are gonna love it! Let's hurry and head inside."

(A/N: Moments later.)

"Oppa!"

"Hyung!!"

Kids come rushing over to Hoseok as soon as we step inside.

"Hey kiddos, you're gonna trip and fall! Don't run!"

As Hoseok greets the kids, one of the children's home staff member walks over. She greets us with a kind smile. "You're here, Hoseok-ah. Nice to see you."

"How has it been, imo? Is your back okay?"

"It's the same as usual."

Hoseok introduces me to Kim Junghee, someone who has been like an eommeoni to him. That's why he calls her imo.

"Oh, and imo, this is the friend I was talking about."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kim Seokjin."

The children's home feels like an ordinary family home. I help imo to set the table with food, and Hoseok continues holding court to kids.

"Okay, okay. Eat up! There's more hamburgers, so don't fight over them!"

"Thank you for the food!"

Hoseok looks like a dependable hyung (/oppa) amongst all the kids.

Time at the children's home passes quickly. It's only after I take all the photos I was asked to take and go outside to play for a while that I find an opportunity to chat with Hoseok.

"You're on good terms with the kids."

"I've only been out of the children's home about three months now, so I know them all." (A/N: Refer to February Year 22 Hoseok's POV)

What should I talk about?

🔴

(A/N: Loop #1: Imo seems like a great person.)

"Imo seems like a great person. She treated me well and we've only just met."

"Imo looks really nice, huh? But she's scary when she gets mad. I'm sure all of the kids here have experienced a scolding from her."

"You, too?"

"Of course. But imo never gets angry without a reason. Junghee imo is just... Like an eommeoni. She's an eommeoni."

(A/N: I'm sure I should not translate this way but he said 'Like a mom. She's a mom.')

Hoseok smiles shows just how much affection he has to her.

🔴

(A/N: Loop #2: How old were you when you first came here?)

"I was... Seven." Hoseok smiles as he speaks calmly.