This Is My Confession

Start from the beginning

I shrug, not really caring about my father's feelings. He didn't think about mine when he said those vile words to me. God, I don't even want to think about it, I'm getting pissed off again.

"I'll see you when you get back to your hospital room, okay?" I nod at her and she leaves the area, pulling the curtain closed.

I pull Cameron close and he puts the railing of my bed down. He sits down and faces me. He stares at me with a small smile on his face.

"What?" I ask him, I tug at him and he leans in and kisses me gently. I missed his kisses so much.

"You're just so cute when you're out of it," he tells me.

"What does my leg look like?" I ask him. He pulls back the sheets and I'm able to see my leg is in a black brace. It actually looks kind of cool. He covers me up again and my father opens the curtains and steps inside. He doesn't look too happy, but oh well. Cameron tries to stand up but I tighten my grip on his hand and don't let him get up.

My dad comes up next to me. "I'm glad everything went well. The surgeon is confident you'll be able to get back to 100%. I'm already contacting some of the top physical therapists in the area to start working with you as soon as you're home."

I nod at him. If there's one thing my father cares about it's sports. But I don't mind that it's his main concern because honestly, it's mine too.

"Thanks, dad. I appreciate your support," I tell him and I really mean it. He gives me a stiff hug and then leaves to get Hayes.

"See? I told you, you'd be fine," Hayes says as he steps in past the curtains.

I laugh at him, he always knows how to cheer me up. He gives me a quick hug and then peeks at my leg curiously.

"Looks kinda cool, you can rock it." He comments. He looks around the area I'm in.

"Hospitals are weird," he says randomly. I shrug and nod.

"Yeah, this whole thing is kind of strange." I reply and Cam lifts our tangled hands and kisses mine gently.

I'm getting increasingly sleepy and before I know it, I drift off.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

When I wake up I'm back in my hospital room, Cam is sitting next to me looking down at his phone. Hayes is lying on the couch with his legs on my mom's lap.

"Hey..." I say softly. Cam looks up at me and smiles.

"Hey sleeping beauty, how are you feeling?" he asks me.

"I feel alright, I want to get up. I've been lying in this bed since yesterday." I reply.

"I'll get your nurse, honey." My mom says and stands up and leaves the room.

"You want pain medicine before you try moving?" Cam asks me, leaning forward.

"Nah, it'll make me too sleepy to move," I tell him. "Help me sit up at the edge?"

He stands up and supports my bad leg as a I pivot to sit at the edge of the bed.

"Okay, I think you can put down my leg. Slowly though, it's really sore." I tell him and he gently places my leg on the floor. I stretch as my mom comes back with my nurse.

"Oh you're sitting up already, that's good. Early mobility is so important after surgery. You don't want to get deconditioned," she says as she pulls a chair close to my bed.

"I'll help you stand and then you can pivot onto the chair, sound like a plan?" she asks me. I nod and she comes and helps me stand up. I get a rush of dizzness and I waver a little bit. Cam comes to my other side and holds me up.

"Thanks, baby." I tell him, they help me to the chair and I sit down. Cam puts a couple of pillows under my leg and it feels so comfortable.

"That's so much better," I tell them, Cameron pulls his chair up close to mine and sits down.

"Do you need anything else?" The nurse asks me and I shake my head at her. She heads out of the room and I start to wiggle my toes.

"It's so strange being unable to move my knee..." I comment.

"I'm sure you'll get used to it," My mom replies. "I'm going to head out Nash. Hayes needs to go to sleep because he's going to school tomorrow. I'll be back after work, okay? Call my cell if anything happens."

I nod at her and she walks over to me and gives me a tight hug and kisses my cheek lightly. "I love you, sweetie."

"I love you too, mom." I tell her. Hayes gives me a hug and then follows my mom out of the door. Cam is looking back down at his phone and I lean in close to see what he's doing.

"Just texting Carter and Matt, I let them know you were doing good. You fell asleep before they could come see you and we just wanted to let you rest," he explains. I nod at him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for staying with me," I whisper to my. He grabs my hand and intertwines it with his.

"There's literally nothing that could keep me away from you," he tells me tenderly and I get butterflies in my stomach. He makes me so happy. He lifts my head off of his shoulder and kisses my lips gently. He's stroking my cheek as we kiss.

"Mmmm," I say as we pull away. "I'll never get tired of your kisses. Never."

He tucks my hair behind my ear. "Your hair is getting long."

I shrug. "I kinda like it, it's a good look for me I think."

"I like it too," he replies as I lay my head on his shoulder again.

"So those messages from Sam." I have forgotten what I read on Cameron's phone. There were messages of Sam telling him to ignore me, talking shit about me, and the ones from yesterday were especially infuriating.

Why the hell would I fake an injury? He's so stupid.

"He was just really good at playing into my insecurities. He used them to make me believe that you actually did cheat on me. To be honest, I was extremely stupid to even consider that you would willingly kiss Katrina." He explains quietly. He has a sad look on his face, I know he feels really bad about how he treated me.

"I wanted to talk to you so badly but every time I was going to Sam would stop me and tell me that it would be pathetic to chase after a cheater. That you wanted me to come crawling back to you because you wanted to control me. That's not our relationship at all, I know this." He finishes and is looking down at his hands.

"Look at me, baby." He looks up and sniffles, tears are running down his cheek. "Oh Cam, don't cry. It's okay...I forgive you. Let's just move forward, okay? Get rid of Sam first."

He nods at him. "Yeah my 'friendship' is so over. I'm so happy with you, Nash. I know I keep saying this but I don't know what I was thinking."

"I guess you weren't," I say softly, looking at him. "But it's over and done with. We're together now and that's all that matters."

"I'm so fucking lucky to have you, baby." And he leans over and kisses me deeply. I kiss him back and we stay like that, our lips locked.

I wouldn't have it it any other way.

A/N- Kind of a filler chapter, sorry. I'm hoping to write some more tomorrow but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Definitely Tuesday for sure!