Chapter 67

A/N: Quick author's note! Please don't advertise your stories on the reviews/ comment section of my stories. Please feel free to DM me and ask for a shout out, I'd be more than happy to help, but all ads on my reviews/ comments will be deleted. Just be honest and ask for a shoutout, dont pretend to read my story and then advertise. The comment/ review section is there for feedback, not ads. Thank you!! Also if you have a guest account I cannot respond to your questions. Please don't ask any, or expect an answer. I'm sorry.
Have a great weekend!!

_________________________________________

Adrien held his umbrella. 
   He stared blankly out into the wet road ahead of him. His heart had sunken so low into the acid of his stomach, that he was sure to have tasted something sour.

  It was incredibly late, and Adrien had his back faced towards the doors of the Dupain- Cheng bakery.

  The lights were off and the doors were locked. Adrien knew that it was rude to have waken her parents up in the middle of the night to find out where their daughter was, and Adrien was more than just dismayed to learn that Marinette wasn't home. 

He had been here over a dozen times in the course of four months since Marinette had picked up and left.

Adrien had eyes the mini staircase that led to her teenaged bedroom. He suspected Tikki was up there, and his heart ached at the memory of the night he had spent together with Marinette where they talked in the rain. He missed his little furry friend as well. 

  Adrien could only think of one other place Marinette could be at this time of night. 

   He pressed his lips together, his digit sliding to close the call the moment he had reached Marinette's voicemail once again. His heart only sank even lower as it informed him her mailbox was full and could not receive anymore messages.

   Adrien glanced at the time on his phone screen. She shifted his weight, his bottom lip catching between his upper and lower teeth the moment that he realised it was nearing midnight. He knew he was tired, both physically and mentally but if he could just put it off for a few more hours, there was a huge possibility that he could finally get a chance to talk to Marinette.

  Without the help from his unusual entourage when it came to rides and protection, Adrien had to make haste and not waste another minute. 

He wasn't going to let her slip through his fingers this time.
_________________________________________

Marinette sighed, the loud music of the club booming in her ears.

  She had heard about nightclubs that opened seasonally, but she had to be the lucky one to be hired at one that opened year round and had a one season dress code. 

Marinette was grateful for the opportunity. She had a stable job with a steady income, and despite the cold weather that was outside, she pretty much stayed warm and toasty inside. Whenever summer came about, it always got too stuffy on the dance floor, and despite the short-sleeved shirt and the fishnet stockings, Marinette often found herself returning to the bar drenched in sweat. 

  The young woman carefully placed the jello shots onto the tray with a grimace. She often didn't mind going out on to the floor to sell, but with Alya being on maternity leave, Rose didn't have a choice but to send Marinette to cover.