Chapter 2

Marinette didn't mind when they played oldies music at the bar. A lot of people were able to request their favorite early 2000's song at the DJ for the dancefloor. Every night was a party for her, because that's what it was.

In fact, whenever a guest requested an oldies song, Marinette was thrilled. She would be able to dance while offering drinks on the dance floor. But when she heard Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" for the sixth night in a row, she had to admit she was growing tired of the scenery. The bluenette moved her hips to the beat of the song as she set the mini shots on the platter. She glanced up, her eyes squinting as she watched a couple stumble into an empty booth ahead of them.

"Why do we have those things, anyway?" Marinette asked, speaking through the music, and squinting at her co worker through the flashing lights. "It's literally an alcove with a draw curtain. People just go in there to makeout and have sex. I didn't know we were running a brothel." The blunette joked as she reached over to adjust the belt to her fish net stocking.

Rose glanced in the direction of Marinette's descretion and chuckled.

"I think those were here when they opened the place." She called out in response. "This place must have been some sort of motel. I don't think they got around to removing it, but our customers think it's nice."

Marinette shook her head, glancing up at the clock, wondering when Alya was supposed to show up for her shift. She was running late, and Marinette couldn't get her drinks out unless Alya was there to cover her side of the bar. "I don't know..."Marinette replied. "It just looks like a small booth for people to have sex in. I mean, we all know why they are in there. No privacy, nothing...it all seems a bit too obvious..." Her blue eyes returned to her short haired tattooed friend.

Rose shrugged with a small smile.

"Well its a twenty one and over club. You can kind of expect things like this. As long as they aren't having sex on the dance floor we can't assume. Just let their freak flags fly!"

Marinette hummed to herself in response.

She couldn't say much. The way most of them danced was provacative. Many people do it, and it was a normal scene in the location she was working. She often saw couples grinding intensely. She may have even spotted a few people stumble behind a speaker to do their business.

Thinking about it, even the uniform the club made the dance floor bartenders wear matched the aura. They were either required to wear a white or black tank top, with shorts that went overtop fish net stockings.

It was on the description of the application and was repeated in the call back interview. Marinette didn't pay much mind to it. So long as she wasn't the only the only one wearing it, she didn't mind it.

"Hey!" Alya called out from behind Marinette, stumbling in her heels. "Sorry I'm late." She breathed. "I got stuck in the changing room." She adjusted her stockings with a grimace. "My toe got stuck in one of the net holes, and it bent it all the way back. Hurts so bad."

Marinette chuckled.

"Oh no, not your toe." She teased, turning over to lift up her tray.

"Well, the traffic is pretty bad too" Alya added. "Apparently Agreste's are coming into the city. There's supposed to be a huge event that they're throwing unexpectedly. All the distant relatives are expected to catch overnight flights. I wonder whats up."

Marinette froze.

Distant family? Distant Agreste family?

Did that mean Felix was expected to show up to whatever this event was?