Chapter 32

A/N: Hey guys so I've been talking to other writers that say that readers prefer the chapters to be really short.
  When I first started this story, the chapters were at least 5,000 to 10,000 words, but then I cut them down to just 3,000 to 5,000 words because I didnt want to overwhelm my editor with editing nearly 40 pages of work, so I broke up some of the chapters.
However I was told that readers prefer even shorter chapters?
Only roughly 1,000 words but because this is a slow burn story, I worry that I won't get as much detail and I won't be able to move the plot forward in that short of a chapter.
  However I'd like to accommodate to my readers more?

So tell me what you think? Should I make these chapters shorter? Or keep them the way they are?

Also this awesome banner photo was made by the wonderful Shilojxo on Twitter!
Anyway, this chapter was not shortened to 1,000 words, I want to get a majority opinions before potentially breaking up future chapters so that they are shorter.

We'll see what happens!

Thanks. I love you guys!
_________________________________________

Marinette trembled, her heart thumping wildly in her chest as all eyes were on her.

    Her arm was wrapped tightly around her father's arms and Marinette tried to keep herself focused on Adrien who waited for her at the altar.

   She couldn't help but to feel her father trembling beside her, her blue eyes moved over to him as tears bubbled at the edges of his eyes.
    Marinette blinked, her chest feeling heavy as she tried to keep herself composed.

"Papa..." Marinette whimpered, trying to keep her voice low under the soft sounds of the wedding music. "Please don't cry." She glanced up at Adrien, her heart threatening to spill from her lips as she approached Adrien slowly.
   A small shy smile appeared across her lips, and Marinette could hear the soft cries of her father beside her.
"You're going to make me cry..." 

"I-I'm not crying." Tom whispered, his voice quivering as they both approached closer to the altar. 

   Marinette sighed softly, almost ready to roll her eyes, before they landed on her mother who watched them both from the front row.

The young woman widened her eyes at the sight of her mother. 
   Sabine glanced up at both her husband and her daughter. 
  The sight of Marinette in her wedding dress, gripped at her heart relentlessly. 
Her little girl and her only little girl was getting married.

Tom was giving her away, and Sabine thought Marinette looked incredibly beautiful. 
   As a mother who had raised Marinette for a full twenty three years, it warmed her heart to see this very important moment of her daughters life. She witnessed her grow and learn so fast. Marinette was the light of her life, she loved her more than she loved herself.
   The heart warming love she felt for her child was entirely different than the love she felt for her husband.

Marinette had a great head on her shoulders. She had grown to be an incredible and smart woman, and even though she was still clumsy like her father, Sabine couldn't have been more proud.

  In that moment, Marinette looked truly happy and that was all Sabine ever wanted since the moment she was born.

Sabine inhaled, tears pooling in her eyes and quickly traveled down her cheeks. Sabine sniffled, a weak smile on her lips as she quickly reached up to wipe away the tears that stained her cheeks with her fingertips.

Marinette widened her eyes at her mother's tears. Her heart squeezed in her chest, and Marinette couldn't keep herself composed anyone.

If was bad that one of her parents were crying, now they both were. It was becoming increasingly difficult.