Chapter 18

A/N: Sorry to Nerediiia for keeping her up at night.
   Wasn't gonna update until next Saturday, but I didnt wanna torture you guys.
   Enjoy!

_________________________________________

The wind blew Kagami's dark hair as the car pulled to the curb of her apartment.
The female had been looking at her phone all day and felt sick to her stomach each hour that went by and she heard nothing.

No texts.
No calls.

Nothing.
She felt sick enough to throw up. She had never experienced such anxiety in her entire life.

Kagami paid no attention to Adrien's driver as she exited the car. She clutched her phone in her hand and began to weave her keys between her fingers with frustration.
The ravenette slid her fingers across her phone screen, pressing on the call button of the contact she wanted to communicate with.
She clambered up the stairs to her apartment door, fumbling with the lock before eventually entering.
Kagami was fuming as the call went to voicemail yet again.

"You can't do this to me-" she muttered, slamming the door behind her. "We had a deal! You can't just abandon me like that." She breathed. She ran her hand through her dark short hair nervously. "After I've opened up to you...after I told you what happened to me last time...you thought you could be so heartless and just throw me away like this..." her heart squeezed in her chest as she listened to her own words.
"You can't....you just can't...at least just call me. Let us talk about this. Ignoring me won't solve anything." Her voice quivered as her frustration manifested into tears. She quickly pressed the end call button and threw her phone on to the bed.
Kagami paced her bedroom, her cheeks growing red as her anxiety built up. She wasn't used to losing things she worked for and when she did, she didn't quite know what to do with herself.

_________________________________________

Her heart flew, and Marinette was sure that Adrien could see that.
She had inwardly scolded herself for allowing herself to cry in her own self pity and heartbreak.
It was her own strain of negligence that got her into these types of situations.

Marinette looked away from Adrien, despite him calling her name. She hoped that he didn't see her cry.
The blunette quickly began to wipe away her tears, cursing her eyes for swelling and growing pink.
Her heart ached as she could hear him close the trap door behind him and approach her.
She exhaled, feeling his arm on her shoulder as he tugged her to face him.

"Marinette....what's wrong?" He asked in a soft murmur. "Why are you crying? Are you hurt? Did something happen?"

Marinette gulped, immediately shaking her head as she stepped away from him. She wiped her wrists on to her damp cheek and she sniffled nervously.
"No, I'm fine. I just....I just got distracted..." the female replied, blinking away any tears that were caught in her lashes.

Adrien frowned, his heart picking up the pace as he recalled what she had said to him the night before.

'Because it hurts to be with you'

He wondered if she remembered it. If there was anything he could help, he knew he would try his best to rectify things, but it seemed like she didn't really want to talk to him about it lately.

"Marinette, you know that if there's something bothering you...you can always talk to me about it." Adrien whispered, the grimace still on his face as Marinette looked away from him.

"I'm fine, Adrien." Marinette assured, remaining obdurate on her perspective. "I was just thinking about stuff and then something got into my eye..." she reached up, dabbing her fingertips at her waterline.