Chapter 76

Marinette sighed.

  She glanced at herself in the mirror with a sharp eye. Her wound had been healing nicely, but she couldn't get her mind off her belly.
She was only four weeks pregnant, yet here she was speculating her belly as if she were gonna show anytime soon.

She pouted, lightly putting her hand onto her belly. She twisted her hips, being sure to get every angle of her torso before she'd become bigger than a house.

  "I think you're overthinking again." Adrien murmured from behind her. "You're still in your first trimester. You aren't gonna show yet." He laughed softly. Adrien climbed off the bed and carefully approached her from behind.
He placed his arms around her waist, drawing her closer.

Marinette pouted, leaning into her husband with a small sigh. She kept her eyes trained to the mirror, her flat tummy was soon going to be the size of a watermelon.
  She just wasn't sure how she would feel about that when the time came.

Part of her was ecstatic. She always wanted to be a parent and in fact she recalled the many times she nearly bled from the nose when she caught herself daydreaming about mothering Adrien's children.

However, she did remember the birth of Taliah, and she knew she'd be lying to herself if she said she wasn't nervous about being in labour.

  "I'm going to be so big, I won't fit through the door." She muttered, blushing as Adrien gently placed both hands on to her belly.

  "I'm sure that's an exaggeration." Adrien murmured into her ear delicately before placing a gentle kiss to her skin. "You're gonna be beautiful forever. Pregnant belly and all." He gently pulled away, keeping his hands on her flat tummy.

"You're so small..." he breathed, biting his lip as he kept his voice soothing for the small baby growing inside of her. "But I can't wait to meet you."

Albeit being surprised at first after learning of his wife's pregnancy, he couldn't be any happier to know that he was finally going to be a father.
  His own father was cold to him, this was Adrien's chance to give a little one what he couldn't get.
He had a little piece of him, created with the one he loved the most. He couldn't wait to spoil and raise a child with Marinette.

  Marinette blushed, her heart racing within her chest as Adrien moved around her and descended to his knee so that he could plant loving kisses to her belly.

"I love you already my little one."

  She couldn't help but to giggle, she was incredibly ticklish, but Adrien always knew how to make things so awkward.
  Or perhaps that was just how she portrayed it.

"Adrien!" Marinette giggled. "The baby is still so small! There's no way they can hear you."

Adrien pressed another kiss to her belly, being sure not to caress her patched up wound on the left side.

"I will tell the baby I love you until they're bigger and can hear me. In fact, I'm going to keep telling your belly I love it until you give birth." Adrien teased before he stood up to swathe his arms around his wife completely.

"I'm so happy. I know it's a bit nerve wracking but I'm excited that we're gonna be parents. Everything just seemed to pan out perfectly. All that's left now is a baby shower where we can get all our baby clothes." Adrien paused as he pondered. "We need to come up with names so that we know what to call the baby when its born. I'm glad we have the extra space because we have the room to set up a place for the baby to sleep. Don't you need prenatal vitamins? Maybe we should go to the store for some. I think we should talk with the doctor the next time we see one and...and... we should make sure you're not all your feet all day when you work down at the bar or go to school. You know what? You're not to go anywhere without a ride from my bodyguard. We both need to prepare for when the day comes. I know it'll be mentally exhausting especially for you. After what I saw in that video I really need to keep you safe and prepared..."