Chapter 11

°• Chapter features my artwork. Please do not screenshot, save or reupload.
Thank you & Happy reading•°

_________________________________________

It was a long long time ago.

Adrien was fourteen years old. He remembered how cold it was in the lobby. He hadn't seen his father in almost weeks. He couldn't remember the last time he saw his mother, and the blonde couldn't have felt the utmost of solitude. Adrien stood behind Nathalie, his spirit nearly dropping from his ears. He couldn't have craved anything more than just to retreat to his bed and hide away from the world for as long as he could. He couldn't help but ponder if this was what depression feels like.

The blonde glanced up, his green eyes peering over to the female that walked in through the door. The freckled female stood by her mother's side, her brown eyes examining the lobby in wondrous awe.
"Adrien," Nathalie spoke, stepping aside from the teen and completely exposing him to the two strangers who came to visit them. "This is Kagami. Your father wanted you to meet her." her voice echoed throughout the halls. Adrien swore it was love at first sight. She was beautiful. The blonde rubbed the back of his neck, his heart beginning to pound within his chest as she smiled at him.

Adrien could faintly remember the times the two remained in bed, utterly shunning the world. His fingers would dance across the small of her back and his love would prop herself up on her elbows and reach out to him.

But this moment was different, it wasn't like the norm. Kagami's eyes were no longer a lovely shade of brown. As far as Adrien could tell, they had taken the shape of wide lovely bluebell eyes that were embraced by thick lashes. Freckles remained on her skin, and her hair remained as raven as it always had been, but Adrien cursed himself. He saw her as someone else.

Marinette smiled at him sweetly, her hand reaching over to affectionately stroke his face.
"Good morning." she murmured, her features being blurred by the overwhelming sunlight.

Adrien's eyes shot open, his heart pounding in his chest the moment he sat up in bed. The blonde pressed his lips together, his hands fumbling around in the bedsheets. He felt quite perplexed that he came up empty. He reached up, rubbing his groggy eyes. Adrien hadn't the slightest idea of why he was dreaming of Marinette in place of Kagami, but he simply speculated that it could have been due to the time they had been spending together.

He scooted to the edge of the bed, placing his feet on to the floor underneath. He glanced back towards the balcony, the sun peeking through the curtains of the slider doors. Adrien swore he could smell something nice in the air. He placed his hand on his stomach, feeling it growl mercilessly. He smiled, his heart making leaps in his chest as he concluded that Marinette had arose from bed moments ago to cook. He was feeling partially content with how things were going. He and Marinette were getting along great. They got to know each other better, and Adrien couldn't have felt more grateful that he had the opportunity to see her open up to him.

Since they met, Adrien had trouble breaking through the walls she had built around herself. They even agreed to be best friends. The blonde bit his lip, feeling hopeful enough to be spoiled by the snacks and meals she's been making lately. He was glad that he told his father to decline the chef. The blonde climbed out of bed, his body shaking as he stretched. With pursed lips, his green eyes glowered down to his phone on the nightstand. Recognizing the notification for a text message, he very quickly picked it up. He furrowed his brow, his eyes running across the screen as he read the text message. It didn't take long for that happy feeling in his heart to fall into the pit of his stomach. The food still smelled nice though.