Chapter 13

It was hot - definitely hot in more ways than one.

The last thing that Marinette believed she'd do is allow Adrien to convince her to move out of her tiny comfortable apartment. She spent almost half her entire adult life in this place. This was her safe haven, her only place to escape. In fact, recently Marinette had ran away from Kagami's hurtful string of words and had tea with Adrien. Her sanctuary was quiet and lonesome, just how she liked it.

The warm weather wasn't ideal for a hefty move, and Marinette worried that her clothes would melt right off of her. She wore appropriate clothes for the weather. A simple tank top, a pair of shorts, and white tennis shoes. At times that didn't provide any insurance against the heat.

Marinette was grateful that Nino, Adrien and Alya took time out to help her move her items into the moving truck. Marinette made sure to be meticulous when it came to her personal items.

She had made sure she packed up all of her underwear before her friends could even spot them. She had removed all her personal photos of herself and Felix. The last thing she wanted was for Adrien to see them. She certainly wasn't in the mood to hear Alya lecturing her for keeping them around either.

The young woman wiped off some sweat that began to bead at her hairline, before she bent over and picked up a box. She walked out of her now empty bedroom and glanced around, taking in the empty scenery. It was a bittersweet feeling.

She was moving on in her life, and the upside to the situation was that she was finally able to save some money without having to pay the rent for this location. Marinette pressed her lips together tightly the moment she walked into the next room. She could feel her heart racing as she spotted Adrien once again without a shirt. His tan skin glistened with sweat as he was really putting in the back work. He and Nino moved her bed set, her couches, her tables, her tv sets, and so forth.

It appeared the heat was getting to him as well. Marinette averted her gaze as Nino walked in without wearing a top as well.

She had gone completely mad. A place that was once her own for an escape that she had grown to love so dearly became a horny hellscape of attractive men slowly removing articles of clothing. Marinette grabbed another box, hoisting it underneath her arm as she was forced to watch both topless sweaty men lift up her sofa. She tried not to make it too obvious, but she was full fledged ogling Adrien's shoulders.

The female cocked her head to the side, watching his shoulder blades shift as he lifted the sofa. Nino grunted as he lifted the couch on the other end, walking step by step to properly fit the furniture through the doorway.

"Those boys are gonna ruin that sofa. How did you even get it in here?" Alya asked, approaching Marinette from behind with a box of bedsheets in her hands. Marinette jumped at her friends random inquisition.

"Huh? What? I was just checking to see if the uhm... hallway... is... straight..." Marinette awkwardly spun around, her heart racing as she nearly fell to her knees and prayed that Alya didn't catch her checking Adrien out.

Alya furrowed her brow, laughing softly at her friends response.
"Checking to see if the hallway is straight?" She asked, moving closer to Marinette to stand beside her. Both girls turned to watch both Adrien and Nino wedge the couch out of the doorway and into the hallway.

"He's got a nice tight ass, doesn't he?" Alya asked in a soft murmur, keeping her voice low so that Marinette could be the only one to hear.

A small blush rose to Marinette's cheeks. The female cleared her throat and shrugged.
"I... I'm not sure. You seem to know Nino more than I do." She chuckled, soon moving close to the men as they were able to move the sofa down towards the steps to the first floor.