Chapter 39

A/N: This story is a slow build, please do not read if you aren't into slow build ups and please refrain from leaving rude comments about how long it took to get where we are.

I'm sorry for how long it took to get here.
Also, sorry for the delay in updates this story seriously sucks but I appreciate support. I've been dealing a lot from a lot of family issues to an abusive coworker that's been sucking up my inspiration to continue to create and it goes the same for my art as well. I haven't been sleeping and I've been so tired lately. Things are letting up a bit and I'm hoping with more sleep I can finally update on a regular basis again.
  I'm so sorry for the wait.
Please enjoy
_________________________________________

"I swear, I'm not drunk." Marinette whimpered, her nails digging into Adrien's shirt as she stumbled through the bedroom door.

The firework finale was probably the most best set of display she had ever seen in her life. Throughout her life she only ever saw it on TV, heard it in her sleep or heard the loud booms outside while she was working or studying for the night. It was the first time she had ever seen it in person and with her absolute favorite people. 

It felt like it was forever since Marinette enjoyed her night like so, but she never intended to drink so much after that. 

Adrien wasn't too far behind her. She knew that he wasn't a huge drinker, but after the fireworks the party that erupted afterwards had been completely mind-blowing.

"I'm going to break my ankle." Marinette giggled, a small blush dusting her cheeks as she could vividly feel Adrien's hands at her waist.
Adrien held on to her tightly, keeping her close to him as he was a little less drunk than she was. He was a bit buzzed, but he was comprehensible for the most part. 

"You're not going to break your ankle." Adrien assured, helping Marinette on to the edge of the bed. "I think we both had a bit too much to drink."

Marinette sat down on the bed, she placed her hands into the soft sheets beneath her. A small smile tugged at her lips as she was tempted to sleep in her dress and heels.

The night was perfect. She couldn't have asked for a better night. Part of her wondered if she would wake up the next morning and realise it was all just a dream. 

Marinette glanced down watching as Adrien kneeled in front of her, his hands laying atop of hers as his eyes remained locked onto her eyes.

Marinette blushed, blinking as she parted her lips. She was so inclined to finish what they had started at the party before Alya interrupted them.

"Are you okay? Anything broken?" He asked with a teasing lilt and a perked brow. 
The look alone sent shivers down her spine, it almost made her want to curl into a ball and dream.

"Yeah, my ankle is broken." Marinette replied with a drunken giggle. "That's okay though, I can just sleep in this and deal with it tomorrow."

Marinette yawned, glancing down at Adrien in the moonlight. Her heart flipped in her chest the moment Adrien began to undo the straps of her heels. 
The young woman bit her lip as he took his time. 

Adrien slipped her heels away from her pale skin, and his fingertips lightly began to glide across the smooth skin of her shins. He gently allowed her foot to rest back down against the floor before he moved to the other.