Chapter 47 ⚠️

A bonus chapter.

Yes, it's supposed to be short. I'll try not to call them that to avoid confusion. I just wanted to add that there so you guys can expect them to be short.

I've gotten questions regarding the final intimacy moment between Marinette and Adrien. I don't mean to make anyone frustrated by slowly building to it. I apologize if that's the case.
We are getting there, I promise.

_________________________________________

Gabriel ran his fingertips against the silk curtains of his work room.

The area around him had gone completely silent, and the only thing heard could be the sound of his breathing.

The room was dark, save for the warm sunlight that permeated through the glass window pane that Gabriel was gracious enough to allow into his dark room where he liked to brood.

This was the very same room he had revealed to his son that he discovered a contract.

Cheng Zang Wei had promised the jewels to his name in exchange for the marriage between his son and Sabine Cheng's first born daughter.
Of course, his son was completely objected into doing so. But after some firm demands, Adrien finally agreed to fulfill the contract. Gabriel wouldn't have any issues suing the pants off the Dupain-Cheng family if they didn't cooperate with the contract. He was going to get those jewels one way or another.

It was as if his life depended on it.
He had portraits of his wife. He had memories of her. Hell, her own flesh and blood used to walk these halls before he was wed via contract.

But if Gabriel didn't have the jewels he pined after, he would have gone completely mad. He needed them. Any memory he could have of his beloved wife, any relic, any jewel, just anything. He needed to have it.

Gabriel shifted his eyes, his features remaining impassive the moment he heard a knock at the door.

Nathalie carefully opened the door and stepped inside. The woman held a circular box inside of her hands, as she closed the door behind her.
"Mr. Agreste." She greeted, lightly nodding her head in acknowledgment. "This arrived for you."
Gabriel froze, his eyes latching on the red circular box. For a brief moment it was as if he had emotions. He genuinely hadn't been this happy since he married his wife, since the birth of his son.
Gabriel immediately moved away from the window, walking towards Nathalie in a hushed motion.
Before Nathalie could comprehend it, the box had been swiped out of her hands.
Gabriel held the box, his eyes fixated on its shape. He scanned the surface of it, anxiously looking for a way to open it.
With his lips pressed tautly together, his thumb pressed into the center, opening the box instantly.
Sat inside had been all the jewels he had been dreaming of. The jewels he was inspired by. The jewels his wife loved dearly.

It was in that moment, that the contract was finally fulfilled by the hand of Marinette Dupain-Cheng Agreste.