Chapter 22

A/N: I see you guys, speculating that I'm gonna add more trauma in here. Don't you guys trust me?! Hm?!

   Anyway, all jokes aside this story does contain all sorts of NSFW if you are uncomfortable with any of these elements, I strongly suggest that you don't read.
   No, there are no traumatic scenes in this chapter and I'm updating early to celebrate 12k on this story.
  Thank you guys for all the love and support!

_________________________________________

Her blood had run cold, and Marinette could barely feel the rain against her skin.
She could faintly remember running away from Nick, but before she could even comprehend anything someone had been following her.
Everytime she moved faster, they only grew closer and closer to her.
Before she knew it, she had been completely cornered with nothing but her purse to defend herself.
She cried, her heart squeezing in her chest at the feeling of someone's hand on her shoulder.

Marinette winded up the strap of her purse between her fingers, ready to start swinging at who ever was behind her.
If she had to run her ass all the way out to Paris in the rain, she would. She didn't care how long it took to get there, as long as she made it back to Adrien. That was all that mattered.
She had ran miles before, in fact, she had ran until she blistered that night she walked in on Alya and Nino going at it in the bathroom.

Marinette spun around, her free arm raising as she was just about to hurl her purse at her potential assailant.
She paused, her eyes wide as she noticed the familiar face of Audrey Bourgeois' assistant gawking at her awkwardly with an umbrella in his hand.

The blunette couldn't understand how she was feeling, as a ton of emotions had began to consume her at a rapid pace.
She was feeling relief; simply because it wasn't Nick who had been prowling for her this whole time.

She was confused; she was confused because she hadn't the slightest idea as to why Audrey's assistant who, in fact, just interviewed her a few hours away had been following her. Why did he think it was necessary to show up now?

Lastly, she was feeling embarrassed; her makeup had ran down her face, she appeared a nervous wet wreck and she looked like total shit. The last thing she wanted was for a potential employer to see her in such a bad state.

"Mrs. Agreste..." the Male prompted, attempting to level his voice above the sound of the rain around them.
"Your husband came into contact with my boss. He requested that we accompany you to Le Grand Paris. His bodyguard will pick you up to take you home by morning..."

Marinette exhaled, her hand clutching to her chest tightly. The blunette nodded, shivering as he stepped closer, placing the umbrella above her to shield her from the rain.
She wiped her face, feeling his arm around her shoulder as he gently guided her around the corner to his car that was parked on the far end of the block.

The blunette pressed her lips together, reluctance settling into her bones as she had such a hell of a night, she wondered if it was a good idea to climb into the car with someone she had only just met.
She glanced up at him as he opened the door for her.

She was so cold, she was so tired, and she was so hungry she simply couldn't care anymore.
Marinette offered him a weary smile before she eventually climbed into the car. She shivered against the heated seats, Marinette was sure she could fall asleep right then and there.
She could barely feel her toes in her wet sneakers and her sweater clung on to her skin.
The blunette leaned into the seats, closing her eyes as she could hear the sounds of the rain pattering against the vehicle.