Chapter 29

A/N: I remember telling readers on chapter 20 that this chapter was coming out soon...but then here we are nearly 10 chapters later. Omg. I'm sorry!!!!

Now we wait 20 more chapters until they have their first kiss! Hehehe. I'm kidding I wouldn't torture you guys....

Or would I...?

No.

Anyway. Early update to celebrate a new year!

Happy New Year!

Enjoy! And cry with me.

_________________________________________

Marinette felt sick.
    She had missed another one of Luka's calls.

It wasn't like she hated Luka or disliked anything he did to her that night, it was more so over that she was in love with another man, and she was much too shameful to face him again. 

Luka didn't deserve it, that she acknowledged, and in fact if it were up to Marinette she'd want him to move on and find someone better.

  She certainly knew that she wouldn't be good for him. He had only ever shown her love and compassion, yet here she was ghosting him all because she couldn't confess to the man she lived with that she was in love with him.

  If Luka chose to never talk to her again, she couldn't say she blamed him. She truly felt like a horrible person.

  Marinette tugged the towel out of her damp hair, the young woman sat on the bed, knowing to be quiet as Adrien was downstairs talking to his beautiful girlfriend. 

   A beautiful girlfriend that wasn't her.

Yet here she was, a broken woman, wearing the marks of a man she had nearly slept with while her wedding day was in the upcoming morning.

   She reached up, her fingers brushing against the dark spot on her skin.

Marinette was sure she heard somewhere that cold spoons would lighten up the marks, but if she couldn't get that to work, she'd need extra makeup to cover it. She couldn't face a ton of strangers and her family members with a massive red mark on her neck. 

  It couldn't be missed, the color would contrast the white on her dress and worst of all, she'd be suspected of having sex with Adrien.

   She widened her eyes, a deep blush brewing on her cheeks at the thought. Marinette reached up, her hands running through her wet hair, worried about what Kagami would think if she somehow saw the mark on her neck. 

   The female sighed, thankful that she had put some spoons in the freezer overnight to place on her mark in hopes to lighten them.

Marinette had to mentally prepare herself for the day that was planned ahead for them both tomorrow.

She knew she'd be showcased to the entire venue, and though Marinette knew that she couldn't wear her grandmother's dress to the ceremony, she had hoped she could somehow get them to let her wear it through the reception and throughout the rest of the night.