Chapter 71 🔞

Chapter contains NSFW. Read at your own discretion.

_________________________________________

Kagami sighed, her shoulders slumped forward as she kept the phone pressed to her ear.

  She could feel her heart sink into the pits of her stomach the moment she heard Adrien's voicemail once more. She pressed her lips together, her finger pressing onto the end call button and she sighed. 

  Her brown eyes shifted up towards the sky, glancing at the darkness. Her pale freckled face was embraced by the moon and in that moment Kagami felt a sour taste brewing in the back of her mouth.

  She knew she had fucked up badly, but what she had said before was true. Sure, Adrien wasn't the person she had intended to be with when they first got together, but over time she really did grow to like him - in fact, she was insanely in love with him. She wanted to be the one he married and she had every intention to until Marinette had stepped into the picture. 

Kagami never had any intentions to hurt Adrien, but she was so impulsive when it came to her decisions that it always got her into trouble. She had a lack of thought when it came to thinking about the feelings of others, but sometimes the voids she felt within herself became too overwhelming. 

   Kagami chewed her bottom lip, her aching heart squeezing within the tight confines of her chest as she pressed her thumb onto the call button once more. 
Damn it, she was going to call him as many times as she could until she finally got through to him, she didn’t care how annoying it got.

  She ran her thumb across the inside of her lip as she pressed her phone to her ear once more. She shifted her weight, pacing back and forth as the phone continued to ring on the other end. 
Kagami sighed, feeling her heart continue to ache relentlessly. 
All she needed was another chance. If she could somehow talk to Adrien again, she would make him understand where she came from. She had every intention to change, she would do anything to get her relationship back.
She needed Adrien to see that she really did love him. She fucked up, and she learned. She wouldn't do the things she did again. He didn't need Marinette, she could give him everything he wanted and needed. 

  She was the one for him. She was the one supposed to be wearing his ring. She had spent so many years with him and they had a future planned together. 

  It was just incredibly hard for her to just forget all of that. 
He just needed to hear her out. 
  She just needed that one last chance. 
Kagami felt her lip quiver and she closed her eyes, listening to his voicemail once more.

   She pressed her thumb onto the end call button and she clenched her phone. 

It was frustrating. 

  She wished he would stop being so stubborn. All she needed was five minutes to talk to him. 
If she had to, she'd leave a million and one voicemails. 

Kagami sighed in defeat, her arms dropping to her sides as she glanced up at the moon once more with a grimace.

   It wasn't too late, and because Kagami had been with him for so long she knew his schedule like the back of her hand. She was well aware how often it changed when the different seasons came around so she knew he wasn't at work. 

   He should've been done with his work schedule by now. 
  A small frown etched it's way onto her features as the thought of Adrien purposely ignoring her only shattered her heart even more so. 
The frustration only grew more and more deep within her.

  Kagami sucked her teeth, glancing at the time on her phone lock screen.
She wondered what he could be doing at this time of night. It was still only so young. 
_________________________________________

Marinette whimpered, her heart pounding inside her ribcage as Adrien's voice echoed hers.