Chapter 64

I'm sorry guys. I never make you guys wait this long for an update. I'm currently going through extensive therapy for my depression and anxiety, and it's taking me a bit to get back on track but I'm surely getting there. I promise.

Also, I'll apologize in advance for Nino and Alya's baby name simply because I'm trash and I'm not creative. I decided to name her after one of my readers who had a beautiful name and I liked it, so I decided to name the baby that.

To that reader, you'll know who you are soon and I'm sorry I butchered your name. I just loved it so much.

Please enjoy!

_________________________________________

Marinette found herself pacing back and forth. 

  The only things she could visualize and hear were the sounds of Alya attempting to calm her breathing. Marinette knew her friend was lucky enough to get an epidural, but the pain she was starting to feel before that had become evident by the way she screamed.

  Marinette wanted to be in the delivery room so badly, but the doctors and nurses were being stubborn to only allow one person inside. 

The young woman didn't take offense to it - if her best friend wanted the father of her baby to be in the delivery room with her, then who was she to oblige?

  Marinette knew that if she were in that situation, she'd want her baby's father to be there too. 

It was Alya and Nino's first child, despite Nino's fear of watching childbirth, he needed to be there to experience the birth of his firstborn child. 

   It had been several hours since Alya had moved from the delivery room down to the maternity room and Marinette couldn't wait to see the little one. 
   She didn't even know what name they picked out or if it was a boy or girl. The questions that ran through her mind only made her grow more and more antsy. 

  Marinette paused, her blue eyes moving up the moment Nino began to walk down the hallway. There was a palish green look to his face, that told Marinette he had witnessed his greatest fear, but as callous as it sounded, she couldn't care less about Nino's illness. All she wanted was to see the baby. 

"Nino!" Marinette exclaimed, immediately running towards him with her purse clutched in her hands. "How'd it go?! Is Alya okay? How's the baby?" 

Nino offered her a weak smile, the struggle to keep his equilibrium evident on his facial features. 

  "Yeah, Alya is fine. The baby is fine. The birth went according to plan and we are both happy to introduce the baby to you," Nino explained, his brown eyes trained on Marinette as she struggled to contain her excitement. 

  Marinette grinned, her hands clutching against her purse as she excitedly bounced on her toes.

"Can I meet the baby? Please take me to the baby! I don't think I can wait another minute!" Marinette piped, her heart racing in her chest as Nino simply chuckled off her childish excitement.

  "Alright!" Nino rasped, the concept of being a father still not completely sinking in just yet. He casually slipped his hands into his pockets and shifted his weight. "Come with me."
_________________________________________