Chapter 28

A/N: Early update for a belated Christmas present. Sorry about the wait guys.
I love you all! Please enjoy my art featured in this chapter!

_________________________________________

Marinette whimpered softly, her eyes squeezing shut as the morning sunlight permeated through the thin curtains of their bedroom.

The young woman yawned, her brow furrowing as she tried to remember the events of the night before.

She remembered the ring Adrien left on the bed and Marinette wasn't sure why it wasn't still with Kagami.

Marinette knew she was being foolish, but she accepted the ring without a second thought, in fact when she joined Adrien for dinner, she wore it for him.

Adrien simply glanced down at the ring on her finger, but he didn't mention anything about it through the remainder of the night.
Adrien left to be early, expressing that he had to be somewhere early the next day, and Marinette had no objectives to it.

He was a busy man, being a model, a full time boyfriend to Kagami, a part time friend to Marinette. It simply appeared he had his hands full.

She groaned, slowly turning onto her back as she had a lot of questions. She wanted to know why Kagami didn't have it. Marinette was quite snoopy, and there was always something in the back of her mind that told her there was a possibility that Kagami wouldn't be in the picture long.

Marinette gasped, covering her face as she felt almost too guilty to relish in that thought.

"No, no, no," She whispered, her cheeks growing impossibly red at the thought.

"Don't you dare." She breathed to herself, the blunette having every intention to simply stay in bed and go back to sleep.

She nuzzled into her pillow, relaxing into her bedsheets at the sound of Tikki purring beside her on the edge of the bed.

Marinette had the next few days off of work and she had every intent to essentially relax.

Luka had called her several times throughout the night, but Marinette struggled to put on a brave face to talk to him.

Even though the marriage wasn't something the two agreed in mutual love, and it was evident that Adrien continued his relationship with Kagami outside of their marriage, Marinette felt like she had an obligation to stay loyal to Adrien.

Granted, that wasn't her mindset to begin with. In fact, Marinette was unsure of what her future held with Adrien, all she knew was that she was only doing this so that Gabriel recieved jewels he was promised as a symbolic way to join their families.

Unexpectedly, Marinette had fallen for Adrien. He was kind, he was understanding, he was talented, he was funny and he saw vulnerable sides to her that she never intended to show him and he accepted her for it. He never pressured her to do anything she was uncomfortable with and he even placed himself in compromising positions just so that she was put first.

Adrien had stepped in many times, to pull Marinette out of dangerous situations.
She had been drunk, but she knew she couldn't forget the night Adrien and her other friends appeared just in time before Nick could do anything more.

She remembered that he nursed her when she was ill the following morning and even though she had been abrasive towards him, he had still gone out of his way to make sure she was okay and make her feel at home. He remained patient and kind with her, and it almost made her feel guilty.