Chapter 73⚠️

CHAPTER CONTAINS SENSITIVE MATERIAL SUCH AS SUICIDE AND SUICIDAL TENDENCIES/ BEHAVIORS. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
UNEDITED

_________________________________________

"I don't know if I can do this..."

Marinette glanced up, her heart sinking at the sound of Chloe's voice.

It had already proven to be a somber day the moment she learned Adrien had to work overtime. Had it not been for Tikki, Marinette would have lost her marbles. There was no way she could spend another night in that huge house alone for many hours on end.

  Despite that, Marinette was more than happy to accommodate Chloe while she checked into rehab for four weeks.

"You can do it." Marinette reassured with a small smile. "Just remember, when you come out we all will be here waiting for you. We all want to see a more healthier and better you."

  Chloe sighed, pressing her lips together soon after. She knew Marinette was right and she definitely knew that it had to be done. She couldn't afford to tarnish anymore relationships and put herself at risk for this addiction.

The fear of Felix holding this over her head only made her heart beat faster than she could breathe. It was now or never. Chloe knew that if she didn't do this, her addiction could kill her.

Despite her mom being cruel to her, she wanted to live a long life. She made new friends that gave the enjoyment back into her life. She wasn't ready to give that up yet.

Chloe leaned down, gripping on to her suitcase of clothes with a grimace.

"Okay..." she breathed, her heart causing her voice to tremble. "I can do this." Chloe murmured, turning to face Marinette with a weak smile. "I'll see you in four weeks."

Marinette nodded, opening her arms to swath Chloe into a warm hug. "You're gonna do great. If you need more time just make sure you take it. I promise we'll be here for how ever long it takes."

Chloe closed her eyes, holding onto Marinette and never wanting to let go. She was scared. She was in fact terrified.
To be in a new place, with a ton of people and doctors she didn't know. She knew she would miss being home with her friends the most, but she also knew this had to be done.

Chloe hesitated as she pulled away. She glanced at Marinette one last time. A slow wave was given and before anyone knew it, she had gone.

Marinette watched the door, a warm smile on her lips as the moment was bittersweet.

All that mattered was that Chloe was safe and getting help. All that was left now was to pick up the pieces and start life anew from there.

Marinette sighed, turning away before she began to walk down the narrow road with a grimace. Now all she had to do was worry about returning to an empty house with her cat.

_________________________________________

Marinette yawned, rubbing her eyes as she wondered about the time. She couldn't wait until Adrien came home. She had been cuddling with him for awhile and now it felt weird to sleep without him.

It was hard for her to eat or sleep knowing that Adrien was working. She was sure he was in good hands when it came to his father and Nathalie, but part of her worried if Adrien was eating enough.

She closed the kitchen slider door behind her and wandered towards the cabinet for the cat food.
  Marinette glanced around, looking for the cat with a furrowed brow. She usually came running the moment she heard the crinkle of the bag.